7 Places To Celebrate Cinco de Mayo In Charlotte
In Mexico, Cinco de Mayo is known as El Día de la Batalla de Puebla (The Day of the Battle of Puebla). This battle is re-enacted every year in Mexico City. And contrary to what many people think, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day.
Cinco de Mayo is not just a day to eat tacos – although you should definitely eat some today. Cinco de Mayo is a day to celebrate Mexicans’ cultural pride, courage, and resilience. In the USA Cinco de Mayo has also come to represent a celebration of the contributions made by Mexican Americans and all Hispanics to our country.
On the Border, located at 10710 Providence Road, is offering $5 house margaritas and $1 Gold Tequila meltdowns.
- Chuy's, located at 7314 Waverly Walk Avenue, is offering drink specials all day , with one drink — the Grand 'Rita' — served in a commemorative cup.
- Paco's Tacos & Tequila, located at 6401 Morrison Boulevard, offering some 100 varieties of tequila will be offering specials throughout the day.
- Cabo Fish Taco, located at 11611 North Community House Road , is hosting an all-day Cinco de Mayo celebration. Live music begins at noon and the party won’t stop until 9 p.m. Mexican beers are $4 all day.
- Tijuana Flats, located at 8680 Concord Mills Bouelvard, is offering $5 margaritas, 2 for $5 Mexican draft beers, one beer and one taco for $5, two tacos for $5.
- Piedmont Social House, located at 2135 Ayrsley Town Boulevard, is offering 2 for $5 tacors, $5 selzertia slushes, $5 off all drafts, $5 bowling and pool.
- Moe's Southwest Grill, located at 1500 East Boulevard, is offering 5X the reward points for orders placed on Cinco de Mayo.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!