Mom’s are the greatest. They are always our strongest supporters. You can't do wrong in Mom's eyes. When you are hurt, or not feeling well....there is no one else that can help you more than Mom. So go out and celebrate Mother's Day. Spend time with her or if you can't be there, take time for a long phone call.
To celebrate Mother’s day, here’s a recipe you can enjoy with the family.
Spinach and Mushroom Salad Recipe
Description: This spinach salad makes a nice summertime salad. However, you will enjoy any time of the year.
Yield: six servings
Spinach and Mushroom Salad Ingredients:
- 16 oz. spinach greens
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Spinach and Mushroom Salad Directions:
- Add oil, vinegar, salt and garlic into a bowl and mix together.
- Rinse and slice mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms and toss together.
- Clean spinach thoroughly, and wrap in paper towels to absorb moisture.
- Tear spinach into bite sized pieces. Place a big salad bowl.
- Pour mushroom and oil mixture onto the spinach.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese onto the salad.
- Toss salad.
- Serve with croutons.
Crouton tip: This recipe is best, when made with your own Homemade Salad Croutons.