Montgomery County, Maryland Memorial Day Schedule 2021
The Montgomery County Government will observe the following schedule changes for the Memorial Day holiday, which will be observed on Monday, May 31:
- County offices – Closed.
- State offices and courts – Closed.
- Libraries – Closed.
- Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS) – All stores open from noon-5 p.m.
- Ride On/ Ride On extRa / Flash Service – Operating on Sunday schedule (click on a route number).
- Metrorail and Metrobus – Information available here.
- MARC Train and Commuter Bus – Information available at mta.maryland.gov/memorial-day-service-2021.
- TRiPS Commuter Store at Silver Spring Transit Center – Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store – Closed.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters - Free.
- County-provided refuse/recycling pickup—Trash and recycling will not be collected by County-operated service on Monday, May 31. After the holiday, County-provided recycling and trash collections will slide to be collected one day later than normal. Collections will be completed the weekend of June 5.
- Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station, and the County administrative office will be closed.
- Recreation—County outdoor aquatic facilities will be open from noon to 7 p.m. Indoor aquatic facilities will operate on a normal schedule. Community recreation and senior centers will be closed. Virtual programs are available on the Montgomery County Recreation website.
- Montgomery Parks—Visit www.MontgomeryParks.org. These facilities will be open during the holiday weekend:
- The in-line hockey rink at Ridge Road Recreational Park and street hockey/futsal rink at Dewey Local Park may be permitted, or are available first-come, first serve if not reserved.
- Parks, trails, gardens, playgrounds, dog parks, skate parks, outdoor exercise stations, and outdoor tennis/pickleball and basketball courts* are open daily sunrise to sunset. (*Select outdoor courts are available for rental).
- Picnic shelters and campfire rings are available for rental at several locations.
- Wheaton Indoor Tennis and Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Center.
- Little Bennett Campground .
- Boat rentals at Lake Needwood and Little Seneca Lake 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Cabin John Miniature Train and Wheaton Miniature Train and Carousel.
- South Germantown SplashPark and Mini Golf 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- South Germantown Driving Range.
- Brookside Gardens grounds open daily sunrise-sunset, Visitor Center open daily 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Conservatory open daily 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Brookside Nature Center, Saturday and Sunday, 1-5 p.m. (Closed Monday).
- Locust Grove Nature Center, Saturday and Sunday, 1-6 p.m..(Closed Monday).
- Josiah Henson Museum and Park, Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Timed entry tickets required. (Closed Sunday).
- Woodlawn Manor Cultural Park Museum and Visitor Center, Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- The following facilities will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 31:
- Montgomery Parks Headquarters and Permits Offices.
- Montgomery Parks Customer Service Office (also closed May 29).
- Pauline Betz Addie and Wheaton Indoor Tennis Centers.
- Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Arena (also closed May 29 and May 30).
- Indoor nature facilities - Brookside Nature Center, Locust Grove Nature Center. Trails and outdoor nature play areas remain open sunrise to sunset..
- Black Hill Visitor Center and Nature Programs is closed until June 5.
- Meadowside Nature Center is closed for building renovations.
This is a Montgomery County, Maryland announcement.
Magnolia blossom in our Kentlands home garden, Gaithersburg, Maryland USA
Canon PowerShot G11 Camera
Photograph by Roy Kelley
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs