Miles of oceanfront and Gulf front access await you in the Keys.
Recreational opportunities in the outdoors are the most important assets of the Keys.
The fishing and boating here is incredible-both in the Ocean and the back-country (the Gulf). There is something to catch year round and our weather lets you do it. If you like the water, this is the place
- 47 Marinas
- 13 Parks,
- 3 Golf Courses
- 10 Campgrounds and recreational vehicle parks
- 13 public Tennis Courts
- 18 Boat Ramps
- To see a complete list of parks and recreational opportunities see
- the sites below
Things to do outdoors:
- Fishing-saltwater, freshwater-Ocean, lakes and the Everglades
- Boating-Ocean, Gulf or Bay
- Bike riding
- Photography and Wildlife watching
- Kayaking—canoes-there are good rental locations and lots of places to launch.
- Air boating into the Everglades
- Windsurfing the flats
Other places to visit.
- Audubon House- original Audubon engravings (not Audubon's residence)
- Conch Tour Train-
- Curry Mansion Inn - 305 294-5349 511 Caroline Street, Key West FL 33040
- Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum - 305 294-1136, 907 Whitehead St., Key West FL
- Flagler's Station Historeum®-901 Caroline St., 1-305-295-3562.
- Haitian Art Co. - 305 296-8932, 600 Francis St., Key West FL 33040
- Heritage House Museum - 305 296-3573, 410 Caroline Street, Key West FL 33040
- Historic Seaport at Key West Bight.
- Key West Aquarium - 1 Whitehead St., Mallory Market
- Key West East Martello Museum - 305 296-3913, 3501 S. Roosevelt Blvd.
- Key West Lighthouse Museum - 305 294-0012, 938 Whitehead Street
- Key West Museum of Art & History - 305 295-6616
- Custom House - 281 Front Street, Key West FL 33040
- Key West Shipwreck Historeum - 305 292-8990, 1 Whitehead Street
- Little White House Museum - 305 294-9911
- Wrecker's Museum - 322 Duval St., 294-9502. Built in 1829. This is Key West's oldest house.
- A 2-3 hour drive to Miami:
- Florida Marlins
- 2269 Dan Marino Blvd, Pro Player Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL 33056 · 305-626-7400
- Miami Dolphins
- 2269 Dan Marino Blvd, Pro Player Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL 33056 · 305-620-2578
- Miami Heat
- 601 Biscayne Blvd, American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL 33132-1801 · 786-777-432