At Number Cruncher LLC we like to educate taxpayers to help them avoid an audit. The IRS does not take cheating on tax returns lightly. Sometimes you may not even realize you are cheating on your taxes.
Below are 8 ways you may be cheating on your taxes without realizing it:
- Not reporting ALL of your taxable income
- Not reporting tips received
- Paying household employees under the table
- Overestimating the value of charitable donations
- Deducting your time and travel expenses for volunteer work
- Deducting expenses for a hobby
- Not reporting gambling winnings
- Deducting child support and volunteer payments to your ex as Alimony
Be sure to visit with your tax preparer if you have questions about deducting or not deducting items.
The focus of our practice is helping individuals and businesses resolve their IRS tax problems in the Las Vegas, Nevada, St. George, Utah areas, and elsewhere. If you or someone you know is dealing with IRS problems, contact me at 702-469-9426 or email@example.com.