THIS CAME FROM AN ELLIS COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS AND I GOT THIS FROM MY OFFICE. THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE WITH TEXAS REALTORS
On Wednesday, June 25th, 2008, a member of our Association was listing property in Bosque County and was abducted, assaulted and sustained injury. This member would like to remain anonymous, but is currently safe and doing well. One of the offenders has yet to be found, and more information regarding a reward for their arrest may be forthcoming.
Please be very careful when showing or listing property. Please ensure that safety and security measures are discussed in your offices. Local law enforcement officers in your community are a valuable resource; they are glad to assist your offices with awareness and preventative measures which can assist in avoiding this type of offense. Please be careful out there and prayerful for our REALTOR® member.
SUGGESTIONS FOR PROTECTION:
· Take someone with you to list a property.
· Ask for clients to come to your office to show property and get a copy of their drivers license.
· Let someone in your office know where you will be showing or listing a property
· Have a plan within your office to let someone know if you feel uncomfortable with a client
· We have has added pepper spray to our REALTOR® store inventory which will be available by early next week