NATIONAL KITTEN DAY IS THE PERFECT DAY TO CELEBRATE EVERYTHING KITTEN!
“Kittens are angels with whiskers.”
Alexis Flora Hope
National Kitten Day was founded in 2012 by pet and family lifestyle expert and animal advocate, Colleen Paige. National Kitten Daylooks to celebrate the magic of kittens and to show how much joy they bring to people's lives. National Kitten Day was also created to highlight the plight of homeless kittens in search of their fur-ever home.
“A kitten is in the animal world what a rosebud is in the garden.”
National Kitten Day's purpose is to encourage kitten adoption and to focus on spaying and neutering as a way to keep the feline population under control.
5 Ways You Can Celebrate National Kitten Day
- Donate money to a local animal shelter or to an animal welfare organization.
- Donate items such as food, toys, and blankets to your local shelter.
- Volunteer at your local shelter.
- Foster a kitten from your local animal shelter.
- Adopt a kitten from your local shelter. Don't forget it's Empty The Shelters weekend in Charlotte... you can adopt a kitten for a low fee at Charlotte's Humane Society and at CMPD's Animal Control Shelter. Right now the Humane Society of Charlotte has tons of kittens hoping for a fur-ever home that you can adopt.
“The smallest feline is a masterpiece.”
Leonardo da Vinci
This National Kitten Day information is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners, Coldwell Banker, your Charlotte metro area pet parents and pet-friendly residential real estate experts. We've been opening doors for Charlotte area cats and dogs and for their parents for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in the Charlotte metro area, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you why experience matters and how: