There's nothing that can show wear and tear on a yard like a dirty, moldy vinyl fence. It instantly shows that outdoor home maintenance hasn't been on the top of a homeowner's list.
The good news is that making a white PVC fence look like new again doesn't take that much time, effort or money! In fact, it's a pretty quick upgrade that instantly makes the backyard look like new.
Here are 7 ways to quickly clean a fence:
- Garden Hose Simply rinse off the fence with a high-pressured spray from a hose.
- Vinegar Bath See my recipe for a DIY vinyl fence cleaner using vinegar and water (recipe link below).
- Soap and Water Simple, but true. Dish soap works wonders, but make sure you choose a biodegradable kind.
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers These will easily remove stubborn stains, but they might also remove a bit of the glossy finish. Use only where needed.
- Store-Bought Fence Cleaner The most expensive of all the options.
- Pressure Washer If you already own one, use the lowest pressure setting to blast away mold and mildew.
- Bleach Not a great solution for routine maintenance cleaning, but it will remove stains. Be sure you use the proper dilution.
For a DIY vinyl fence cleaner recipe, as well as recipes for homemade cleaning solutions using soap or bleach, visit my blog post 7 Ways to Clean a Vinyl Fence.