A LONG time back, like maybe the 70s (?) I read a magazine article called 'How To Be Unforgettable'.
One of the 'ideas' was to bring your cat to a party.
There are ways to be distinctive, and ways to get attention for the moment, but make the wrong impression in the big picture.
Here are a few ways to make the wrong name for yourself in the ActiveRain Community:
1. Challenge or threaten ARMS. Come on people. These guys work FOR FREE to keep this site afloat. In case you haven't been paying attention, there's virtually NO ONE minding the store. We see it daily in Q/A . . . 'I keep being charged', 'Where are my points', 'This doesn't work' WELL HOW DO YOU THINK THOSE THINGS GET FIXED? Patience and respect are called for.
2. CONTINUALLY trying to 'herd cats'. I love it. Baby agents or new members charge in wanting to reinvent the wheel. Sit the F down and learn something, toddlers!
3. Personal attacks or disrespect directed at members you disagree with. If you can't be trusted to behave properly, who's gonna trust you with their referrals?
YOU ARE here for BUSINESS, right?
4. Waving your arms for attention at inappropriate times. Example: copy/pasting a 'canned answer' and posting it to every question like no one on the thread can read the answers. Yes, we see you as we scroll by.
5. Choosing on someone who has earned the respect of the community. You cannot obtain 'cred' by piggybacking on someone else's. Build your own, over time, like those who came before.
6. NEVER letting ANYTHING GO. Bringing up and rehashing your 'greatest butthurt moments' involving another member or the PTB.
I love cats. But leave yours at home.
They'll appreciate it!
(I just thought this was cool, doesn't really relate to the post. Or does it? LOL)