For those of you who live in HOA's The Texas Legislature passed new laws for HOA's effective today September 1st!!! HOA'S are good for your neighborhood, we can all agree on that but sometime they have a little to much power.
1) Fees are capped for subdivision information ($375), resale
certificates ($75), and updated resale certificates ($75).
2) HOA's that have at least 60 lots or a contract with a management company are required to maintain websi
tes with management certificates and meeting information and notifications.
3) HOAs are required to file dedicatory instruments with the county and provide certain contact information on all dedicatory instruments and management certificates.
4) Property owners have new protections from negative credit reporting when a fine or fee is in dispute, and HOAs are required to give a detailed report of charges and offer a payment plan before reporting delinquencies.
5) HOA's are barred from requiring access to lease agreements and are only allowed to request tenant’s contact info and lease beginning and end dates.
6) HOA's are required to solicit bids for contracts for services over $50,000.
7) HOA's are barred from prohibiting certain pool safety enclosures, the installation of certain security measures on an owner’s private property, or certain religious displays.
8) HOA boards are required to provide members with timely notice about meetings.
Did your concerns make the list!?