PGA West Homes for Sale | La Quinta Real Estate
PGA West Homes for Sale | La Quinta Real Estate - Established in 1984, PGA West is a 2,200-acre, guard-gated golf community tucked into the majestic Santa Rosa Mountains in La Quinta, CA. PGA WEST is home to 9 perfectly manicured championship courses, 5 clubhouses, and 2 Private Clubs that offer an array of services. All PGA West course architects represent the best of the best in golf, including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Greg Norman, Tom Weiskopf, and Pete Dye. PGA WEST earned its title as "The Western Home of Golf in America"® by hosting numerous renowned PGA TOUR, Senior PGA Tour, LPGA, and NCAA tournaments. PGA West Members enjoy a fully appointed fitness facility, tennis (19 Har-Tru clay and hard courts), pickleball, bocce ball, a swimming pool, splash pad, drive-up theater, dog park, and poolside dining. Ideally situated, PGA West is only 5 miles from shopping and dining at Old Town La Quinta, with Palm Springs International Airport approximately 40 minutes away.
PGA West Homes for Sale - La Quinta Real Estate Opportunities
PGA West comprises a total of 5,000 homes on and off the golf course in 8 communities: Arnold Palmer Private, Jack Nicklaus Private, TPC Stadium, Greg Norman, Jack Nicklaus Tournament, Tom Weiskopf, PGA West Legend, PGA West Signature, and The Residence Club. PGA West homes are priced from the mid-$300s to $2.5 million. Homes range in size from 1,200 – 6,000+ sq. ft. HOA Dues: $250 – $550. (HOA dues information deemed accurate, but not guaranteed. Please check accuracy with your agent).
PGA West Golf
PGA West has a total of 5 resort courses and 4 private courses. Every course features multiple tee boxes for varying skill levels and spacious practice facilities:
- Pete Dye Stadium Course - The 18-hole Stadium course at the PGA West Stadium Clubhouse facility features 7,261 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 75.9 and it has a slope rating of 150. Designed by Pete Dye, ASGCA, the Stadium golf course opened in 1986. Rated one of the "Top 100 Courses to Play" by GOLF Magazine and the 4th toughest course in America in Golf Digest’s "Top 50 Toughest Courses in America" (2007).
- Pete Dye Mountain Course - The 18-hole Pete Dye Mountain Course at the PGA West Mountain & Dunes Golf Courses facility features 6,756 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 74.1 and it has a slope rating of 140 on Bermuda grass. Designed by Pete Dye, ASGCA, the Pete Dye Mountain golf course opened in 1980. This ultra-challenging course features pot bunkers, rock formations, elevations of tee boxes, and well-bunkered greens.
- Pete Dye Dunes Course - The 18-hole Pete Dye Dunes Course provides a relaxing round of golf with spectacular views of the surrounding mountain and desert landscapes. Well bunkered with railroad ties and lots of water.
- Pete Dye Private Citrus Course - The 18-hole Citrus course at The Citrus Club at PGA West features 7,121 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 74.3 and it has a slope rating of 135. Designed by Pete Dye, ASGCA, the Citrus golf course opened in 1987.
- Nickolas Tournament Course - The 18-hole Nicklaus Tournament course at the PGA West Stadium Clubhouse facility features 7,126 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 74.7 and it has a slope rating of 139. Designed by Jack Nicklaus, ASGCA, the Nicklaus Tournament golf course opened in 1986.
- Nickolas (Private) Course - The 18-hole Jack Nicklaus course at the PGA West Private Golf Courses facility features 6,909 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 75.0 and it has a slope rating of 150 on Bermuda grass. Designed by Jack Nicklaus, ASGCA, the Jack Nicklaus golf course opened in 2008.
- Greg Norman Course - The 18-hole Greg Norman course at the PGA West Greg Norman Course facility in La Quinta, California features 7,156 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 75.1 and it has a slope rating of 139. Designed by Greg Norman, the Greg Norman golf course opened in 2010.
- Weiskopf (Private) Course - This is the most docile of the six golf courses (three private and three public) at PGA West. The course rating is 71.2 and has a slope rating of 130. The golf course is characterized by relatively wide fairways and sizeable greens, providing decent chances to score well.
- Palmer (Private) Course - The 18-hole Arnold Palmer Course at the PGA West Private Golf Courses facility features 6,931 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 74.6 and it has a slope rating of 140 on Bermuda grass. Designed by Pete Dye, ASGCA/Arnold Palmer, the Arnold Palmer golf course opened in 1987.
PGA West Clubhouses
- Greg Norman Clubhouse - is an Australian Ranch-style Clubhouse brimming with style and personality. Enjoy indoor-outdoor dining at Wallaby’s West featuring delicious cuisine and amazing views. The Golf Shop features a great selection of apparel, equipment, and distinctive Greg Norman items.
- The Tournament Clubhouse - offers indoor and outdoor seating options with views of the Stadium and Jack Nicklaus Tournament courses. Enjoy dining at the popular Ernie’s with delicious cuisine for any occasion. There’s also a full-service Golf Shop with all the latest clothing and equipment.
- Pete Dye Clubhouse - boasts stunning views from the Mountains and Dunes courses nestled against the Santa Rosa Mountain Range. The spacious clubhouse features a full pro shop offering the latest in equipment and apparel, an inviting lounge, and the perfect place to start and end your game, Pete's Grill (open for both breakfast and lunch - offering familiar favorites with a fresh and contemporary twist).
- Private Clubhouse - is exclusively for PGA WEST Members and their guests - offering unrivaled views of the celebrated 18th green of the Palmer Private Course, striking palm trees, and the Santa Rosa Mountains. Perfect for casual and fine dining, the Clubhouse offers four distinct dining experiences.
- Citrus Clubhouse (private) - features Spanish Colonial-style architecture, overlooking the brilliant green event lawn and majestic mountains in the distance. Surrounded by glass windows, the grill room opens onto the outdoor patio providing an exceptional space to host intimate special events for Citrus Club Members and their guests (open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
Living in La Quinta, CA
Old Town La Quinta
The resort city of La Quinta is located in Southern California’s beautiful Coachella Valley between Indian Wells and Indio. La Quinta boasts year-round sunshine, spectacular scenery, over 20 golf courses, and is only a couple of hours from San Diego, Los Angeles, and Orange County. Art plays an important role in La Quinta’s unique character and the city prides itself on preserving and promoting its roots in art and culture. The Art in Public Places Program plays an integral role in the enhancement of La Quinta’s social and environmental growth. The La Quinta Museum is a cultural museum with two exhibit galleries: Gallery 1 is local history featuring the Cahuilla Indians, The Desert Club, and The La Quinta Hotel. Gallery 2 features new revolving exhibits that change every 3 to 4 months.
La Quinta offers an exciting array of restaurants from casual to fine dining and local to international fare. Old Town La Quinta is the community’s Main Street featuring architectural charm and casual elegance set against stunning vistas of the Santa Rosa Mountains. As you make your way around the shops at Old Town, you’ll discover fashion and accessories, aromatherapy oils and candles, boutique skincare products, original art, California wines, and more. Old Town’s restaurants and cafes are casual and offer both indoor and al fresco dining. Named as the leading golf destination in the U.S. by The Robb Report, La Quinta’s most prominent industry is golf and is home to more than 20 golf courses.
The world-famous Career Builder Challenge Golf Tournament (formerly the Bob Hope Classic & Humana Challenge) draws worldwide visitors to PGA WEST and surrounding courses. The SilverRock Municipal Golf Course offers residents the benefits of top-rated golf at discounted prices. Tennis enthusiasts can take advantage of excellent and affordable tennis lessons at the nearby Indian Wells Tennis Garden. For those who enjoy hiking, La Quinta is known for its scenic trails surrounded by preserved natural beauty and breathtaking mountain views such as Bear Creek Trailhead to Cave, Cave to Palm Oasis (Bear Creek Trail), Cove to Lake Cahuilla, and Boo Hoff Trail to Lake Cahuilla Loop. The closest major airport serving the community is Palm Springs International Airport located about 21.4 miles away via 1-10 West. Located about 30 minutes from Palm Springs, the “Gem of the Desert” continues to shine brightly!
Partner with Elaine Stewart, #1 Individual RE/MAX Agent for 11 years Straight in the Coachella Valley!
Whether you are interested in PGA West homes for sale - La Quinta real estate, or it’s time to list your current property, Elaine Stewart provides the kind of knowledge, skills, dedication, and personalized service you need. Known for her warm and friendly personality, Elaine’s personal approach to the real estate process allows her to connect with her clients and find the right homes for them. With over 28 years of local experience, Elaine will protect your best interests, advocate for you, negotiate on your behalf, and do whatever is needed to ensure the best results possible. Get started on finding your dream home today by contacting Elaine directly at (760) 668-2399 or you can reach her by email.
You may also like to consider homes in La Quinta in these other outstanding communities:
RE/MAX Desert Properties
74925 US Highway 111
Indian Wells, CA 92210
Mobile Direct: (760) 668-2399
Email: Desertrealestate1 @ yahoo.com
BRE # 01169846