Monday is the worst day of the week for many people.
After coming off of a relaxing weekend (or full Sunday of self-care), it can be hard to focus and get back to the daily grind.
I know for me, Monday is a sprint to get the most done possible in order to make the rest of the week a little better. But by the end of Monday I can feel overwhelmed and burned out (after just one day!)
So, today here are a few actions that help protect your wellness even when you are going hard throughout the week. They are all simple and quick self-care actions that pack a punch! And you can easily do them during breaks of hard Monday work.
- Take a brisk walk around the block. Unplug for 5-10 minutes and you'll notice a HUGE difference when you return to work.
- Pump up the motivating music. Have more fun while you work and you'll feel less stressed about it.
- Meditate for 5-10 minutes. It may seem odd, but studies show that listening to your breathing or repeating a phrase for a few minutes can dramatically increase your focus and calm. So, get more done with less stress!
- Take Monday night out for your family. Or spend a few minutes talking to your kids after school. By connecting with a loved one, you'll remember that it's not all about work - even on a Monday!
- Remember to move. In order to keep your energy up during Monday (and the entire workweek), it's important to get consistent exercise. Take time out to go on walks, and schedule in real workout sessions that protect both your physical and mental health when the workload is high.
There you have it! Quick and easy actions that get you to the next weekend without feeling like you're on your last thread of sanity. Because your self-care on Monday and during the week is just as important as on the weekend!
What else do you like to do during the week to protect your wellness? I'd love to know what works for you!