CUMMING, GA — Heading out to a pumpkin patch to pick the best pumpkin isn't just about finding the perfect Halloween jack-o-lantern. It's a chance to head out with the family in a cherished fall tradition full of exciting activities.
Picking your own pumpkin is a good way to support the local farmers who grow them. Many pumpkin patches offer free or low-cost activities like hayrides, corn mazes and games for the children.
Visiting an outdoor pumpkin farm is moderately safe, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Before you go, it's best to call ahead to the field or check its website for guidelines and hours of operation.
Here are some of the top pumpkin patches near Forsyth County to visit in 2021:
Berry Patch Farms
- 786 Arnold Mill Road, Woodstock
- Open on weekends from Oct. 2-30. Open weekday mornings for groups with reservations only 9:30 a.m.-noon Oct. 4-29. Open on week days from 3:30-7 p.m. Oct. 18-29.
- Pumpkins for sale, hayride, farm animals, fall favorites including apple cider and pie available. Gourds, mini pumpkins, Indian corn, jams, jellies and dressings all available for purchase.
- Weekend parking is $5, cash only
Burt's Pumpkin Farms
- 5 Burts Pumpkin Farm Road, Dawsonville
- Open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. starting Sept. 1. Hayride schedules vary by month.
- Attractions: pumpkin patch, hayrides
- Pricing: Varies
- 15639 Birmingham Highway, Milton
- Farm is open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays. Pumpkin patch hours vary.
- Pumpkin patch, hayrides, corn maze, lawn games, special events
Uncle Shuck's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch
- 125 Bannister Road, Dawsonville
- Open Sept. 11-Nov. 14, various days and hours
- Pumpkin patch, corn maze and haunted trail
- Pricing: Corn maze $15, haunted trail $20, combo $25, ages 4 and under free
- 555 Crow Road, Cumming
- Open Sept. 23-Oct. 31, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Pumpkin patch, corn maze and fun park.
- $13 (age 3-up), children 2 and under free
- 4729 Waleska Highway 108, Jasper
- Open Sept. 18-Oct. 31, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Pumpkin hunt, marshmallow roast, more
- Prices per activity vary, see website
Subscribe to CommentsComment