Report Animal Cruelty
There have been some horrific reports of animal cruelty in our community and much of it reflects the dark affects of metal illness, perhaps some of which is a result of the pressures of the ongoing Pandemic. Please, if you are witness to animal abuse report it immediately, don't wait!
Often times the incidents are precursor to violence that extends outward in many directions, that if left unchecked can lead to death, not only of pets and animals, but of human beings as well.
All tips of potential animal cruelty and abuse are investigated. For animal emergencies, please call 911 or The Hawaiian Humane Society Investigators at 808 356-2250.
Animal CrimeStoppers also take anonymous tips and sometimes pay rewards.
When reporting via phone, please have the following information available:
- Your name and contact information (This is CONFIDENTIAL).
- The date, time, and location of the incident or situation.
- The nature of the report: What are the facts, what did you see, hear, etc.
- Description on the animal(s).
- Are there any other witnesses or evidence that you know of?
For non-emergency related incidences or to submit a complaint about animal nuisances, dangerous or loose dogs, or feline concerns please call our dispatch at 808 356-2250 or complete a Citizen Complaint below.
Submit your completed Citizen Complaint form by email to Info@HawaiianHumane.org
How You Can Help Save Animals in Need:
The Hawaiian Humane Society needs advocates who are willing to write letters, draft testimony and support current animal welfare initiatives. Call 356-2217 or email Advocacy@HawaiianHumane.org to get involved.
How To Be An Advocate:
- To be kept informed about current state and local efforts to improve our laws, sign up for our advocacy email list
- Promote pet ID to every pet owner you know
- Encourage pet owners to spay/neuter animals
- Get your office or apartment building involved in a goods drive for shelter animal
How To Get Started:
- Sign up for our advocacy email list
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Familiarize yourself with County and State animal welfare laws