Places to retire.
This is a perfect time to think about the future. The Holiday Season and the end of the year are quickly approaching. We often think about both the past and future when each year changes.
U.S. News & World Report is out with their annual best places to retire addition (for 2022). Florida is well represented with eight of the top 10 spots. The reasons (aside from great weather) are lower housing costs, zero state taxes, positive relationships with police and sheriff departments and lower infringement on personal freedoms.
This year Melbourne, FL moved up to number Four on the list of great retirement destinations.
Some of the reasons Melbourne (and the Space Coast in general) rates so high:
- Low density traffic patterns (people here complain about being caught in traffic for five minutes!)
- The second longest beach in Florida
- Dozens of FREE public beach parks up and down the coastline!
- Port Canaveral is the second largest passenger port in the USA
- Melbourne-Orlando International Airport with flights from Delta and American airlines.
- Close by Orlando International Airport
- One Hour from Disneyworld, Universal Studios, Sea World and much more!
- King Center for the Performing Arts
- Historic Downtown Melbourne with it's many shops and restaurants
- Too many Golf Courses to mention (municipal, private and semi-private).
- World Class fishing (both ocean and Indian River as well as Lake Washington).
- Boating from one of our countless marinas.
Just FYI...with our many Defense Contractors, Space Industry jobs and Patrick Space Force Base, the Space Coast has the second highest number of Engineers in the USA (behind only Palo Alto California). With our booming jobs market and world class schools, this is not only a place for retirees, it is a wonderful place to raise a family!
If you are looking for a place to retire, a great jobs market, a safe community that believes America's best days are ahead...contact me at Jeff@WavesRealtyFL.com or 321.223.6253. I would love to help you fulfill your Florida dreams!
Funny thing, so many young people are moving here. They work for the big employers like Northrop Grumman, L3Harris, GE, Space X, Blue Origin, NASA plus we have a bunch of Space Force employees from Patrick Space Force Base. I feel bad when they call me on a listing that has three or four bids already.