7 Affordable Home Improvement Ideas
Home improvements are the best way to increase your home's value without remodeling if you are on a budget. Here are 7 tips that won't break the bank:
- Shelving for extra storage – Take advantage of small, unclaimed wall or corner space in your kitchen and add open shelving to hold dishes, cookware and spices within easy reach. Embellish plain shelves with decorative brackets, and if you entertain often, add a wine rack.
- Upgrade cabinets with molding – Plain, personality-less kitchen cabinets take on new sophistication with the simple addition of molding at the edges. You can do it yourself with a little guidance from home store designers.
- Restore the floor – The warmth and versatility of wood is incomparable, but exposure to dirt and foot traffic can leave it looking dull. Restore the shine factor and give a room a whole new look by polishing the floor with a product specifically designed for hardwood floors.
- Give the fireplace a lift – Give a dated brick fireplace a modern makeover with a fresh coat of paint. Start by thoroughly cleaning the brick to loosen grime. Apply a stain-blocking primer, then paint with a high-gloss paint.
- Add crown molding – Crown molding on walls, doors and ceiling makes any living space look finished and luxurious. You can transform a room with trim in a weekend with affordable, off-the-rack moldings from a local home improvement center.
- Try Roman shades – Give windows a custom look at a low price with do-it-yourself window treatments. With a mini-blind and mid-weight upholstery fabric, you can create a charming roman shade to block out sun and boost your décor.
Hassle-free game area – Create a dedicated zone to serve as a central spot for the games, movies and music your family uses most often. A media cabinet with divided shelves should keep it all neat – or use a bookcase with a combination of bins and baskets to keep everything organized and ready I love real estate there is no greater feeling than seeing your customer's happy!!!
Find your new home-search the entire State of FL for all available MLS listings click here to search all available MLS properties-click "Find a Home" at the top left-hand corner to begin your new home search
Please contact me if you have any questions or need any additional real estate buying or selling information I'd be happy to assist.
Remember if you have any questions about First Time Home Buyers Programs or any Real Estate matter I'm just a phone call or email away. I'm waiting to hear from you!
John Roberts Realty
My website: http://patwchampion.mfr.mlsmatrix.com
For Winning results call the “CHAMPION” for all your Real Estate Needs