National Cat Day has come and gone, but that doesn't matter to my cat-loving friends. Nina wrote a delightful article on how to celebrate National Cat Day, and I'm sure you'll want to see her suggestions.
As always, Adopt Don't Shop.
National Cat Day: October 29th
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.”
... Hippolyte Taine
It's National Cat Day! ~ The purr-fect day for all cat parents to wish their fur babies a happy day. It's also the purr-fect day to show our cats just how much we love and appreciate them. As NationalCatDay.com says: "we dream about, marvel at, and celebrate the lives of cats."
National Cat Day was founded in 2005 by animal welfare advocate, Colleen Paige, "to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of cats needing rescue, as well as to encourage cat lovers to celebrate the cat(s) in their lives for the unconditional love and companionship they bestow upon us."
Colleen Paige's message continues to be "adopt, don't shop." And that's also why #1 on my list of 15 Ways To Celebrate National Cat Day below is "adopt a cat from your local shelter and give it a fur-ever home."
"One cat just leads to another."
... Earnest Hemingway
1. Adopt a cat (or two) from your local shelter or cat rescue and give it a "fur-ever" home.
2. Donate blankets, food and toys to your local shelter or cat rescue organization.
3. Volunteer at your local pet shelter.
4. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of kitten mills and gas chambers in your state.
5. Bake tuna cookies for your cat.
6. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it's safe for your cat.
7. Spend the day taking photos of your cat and posting them on your Facebook page.
8. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by cleaning their cat’s litter box and playing with their cat.
9. Commission a custom portrait painted of your cat or hire a pet photographer for a photo shoot.
10. Buy your cat a fun new toy, bed or treats!
11. Make a window perch for your cat to lay in to sunbathe.
12. Brush your cat to eliminate excess fur and hairballs and while you're at it, give your cat a calming massage.
13. Paint your face, wear kitty ears or dress in cat related fashion.
14. Buy your cat a collar and tag with your name and number, so it's easy to identify your cat just in case he/she "escapes."
15. Host a National Cat Day party and invite all your friends and their cats!
Purr-fect Quotes About Cats For National Cat Day:
- What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens
- I really am a cat transformed into a woman. ~ Brigitte Bardot
- My husband said it was him or the cat... I miss him sometimes. ~ Anonymous
- A cat has absolute emotional honesty. ~ Ernest Hemingway
- People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life! ~ Faith Resnick
- Time spent with a cat is never wasted. ~ Colette
- Way down deep, we’re all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them. ~ Jim Davis
- Cats choose us; we don’t own them. ~ Kristin Cast
- In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods. They have not forgotten this. ~ Terry Pratchett
So from me and my cat, Mr. Marlow, who also believes in celebrating National Cat Day every day: Happy National Cat Day! Mr. Marlow and I hope all cats and their parents have a purr-fect day today!
This information about National Cat Day is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty, your Charlotte region residential real estate experts, cat lovers, and cat parents. We've been helping Charlotte area cats and their parents open doors throughout the Charlotte region for 20+ years.
If you and your cat(s) are considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlotte metro area, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you why experience matters and how:
Broker, Realtor, MBA, GRI, ABR, SRES, CDPE, SFR, SPS, CMRS
Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty
Blog: News You Can Use From The Greater Charlotte Area
Search For All Charlotte Area Homes: www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com
Charlotte Magazine 5-Star Customer Satisfaction Award Winner Since 2007
Connect with me also on these sites:
Oh by the way, I'm never too busy for any of your referrals!
Disclaimer: Nothing in this blog article is to be construed as legal advice, tax advice, or financial advice. For legal advice see an attorney. For tax advice or financial advice see a tax attorney, certified public accountant, or other qualified professional.