Special offer

Are You Year(s) Behind in Filing Your Income Tax Returns?

Education & Training with Tax Raj Solutions LLC

I represent taxpayers in Boulder, CO and Denver, CO Metropolitan, CO who have issues with unpaid taxes  and outstanding tax liabilities, back taxes and wage garnishments.


Sometimes life just gets in the way.  You feel too busy or have experienced a divorce, illness, job loss, or death in your family that sidetracked you from filing your tax return on time. Or you could just be overwhelmed with the whole process of filing your taxes. Perhaps you don’t have the money to pay your taxes and thought you should wait to file. This is actually not a good idea because of the failure file, failure to pay penalty and interest on unpaid debt .


You may also have a special situation with your spouse if they promised to file and didn’t or they didn't file correctly or they didn't pay. In some cases, you can claim that you were the “innocent spouse” and get your account corrected.  

Take the following steps:


1. Failure to File Your Tax Return(s)


The IRS is very aggressive about coming after non-filers and non-payers. So even if you don’t owe that much, you’ll want to file right away to stop the penalties and interest from adding up.  


IRS debt can add up fast. There’s a failure to file a penalty, interest on the taxes that are late, and the taxes themselves. The failure to file a penalty can be as much as 25 percent, so that’s a debt you don’t want to have piled up on you. 


2. The most important thing about filing back taxes is to get them filed as soon as possible whether you can pay them or not. 


Filing back tax returns will stop the failure to file a penalty and is the first step on the road back to compliance for you.  


It’s never a good idea to have the IRS estimate and complete your return for you. You are better off hiring a tax professional to get you caught up and to represent your case before the IRS to work out a way to pay your back taxes that won’t leave you bankrupt or suffering financially.


We know there are many national chains out there that would like to help you with your tax problems, but all of the clients we have worked with say they prefer to hire a local tax professional in their own neighborhood.  


A tax professional can help you:


  • Respond professionally to IRS correspondence 
  • Help you collect records and receipts and get your bookkeeping caught up so you can file accurate returns 
  • Prepare and file any delinquent income tax returns 
  •  Explain the next steps you need to take to continue getting back into compliance with the IRS. 


3. Solutions for Your Delinquent Income Tax Return Filings


Whatever your situation, we are here for you when you are ready to get caught up, and the sooner, the better.  We can help you relieve that huge psychological burden so you feel lighter and free from all that stress. Taxpayers with the notices that require a response should contact the office immediately for assistance. Many tax preparers and accounting professionals are extremely busy due to the complexity of tax regulations brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic and the IRS collection efforts to contact taxpayers with unfiled tax returns.


Contact us at no obligation to you so we can understand your specific tax situation and provide advice on the options available to you. 


 If you or somebody else you know are having IRS issues please feel free to contact me at raj@taxrajsolutions.com or call me 301-461-2022.


The IRS doesn't like to be ignored. Be proactive.

Your tax issue is handled with the utmost confidentiality and privacy.