Thanksgiving 2021: This Grateful Momma/Gma's Heart
Those who know me understand that Family First is my mantra. Being thankful holds many heartfelt things that make up the whole of being grateful. Absolutely nothing compares to unconditional love!
The pure affection for our two children has never wavered. I was hands-on when the boys were growing up. It was important to be present, remain in good communication, to teach and be open to learning.
When other mom's dropped the kids off at the pool, I jumped in with mine, enjoying time spent. When they played sports, I was in the stands cheering them on, embarrassing them but I was present!
Both of them are making lives for themselves and have brought us Gbabies, maintaining households of their own. We are excited about their futures and anticipate a happily ever after for them all.
- Ruger, our little red-headed GBoy is a special soul sent down from heaven, a child who grabbed my heart and squeezed from the moment he took that first breath. I was there to witness that.
- Kenslee Mae is the next Grand who arrived a little late to the party. She was due the month before and decided to show up when she was ready. I call her Little Miss Independent and it serves her very well!
- Next came Remi, Ruger's little ginger sister! She is a sweet one who loves her big brother and teases him unmercifully. Unfortunately, they have moved to the mid-west and we seldom see them now.
- Then Ruby Kaye Ayn, who hails all the way from Washington State. She is an auburn haired beauty with ice blue eyes with a fun sense of humor, is fond of chocolate and likes to share with Gma!
- Then, there is Baby Kodah, just a little over 4 months old. It took two life-flights for a diagnosis to help him have a quality life. He is so precious little being. Am so looking forward to taking him fishing!
Through all of life's challenges, the sincere commitment to loved ones has remained. My heart continues to beat strong in celebration for those close and Family First still rules our every day lives!
Thankful every day to be blessed with the love shared between us all and looking forward to what the future holds.
This is an entry to Thanksgiving Challenge 2021, hosted by Debe Maxwell, CRS. Thanks again for overseeing this!