- October 2021 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales -
The number of homes that sold in October was down from September. However, new contract activity was strong. Inventory took another hit, so that could constrain future sales activity.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – OCTOBER 2021
We track the following four items every month:
- Single-family homes for sale - Orange Line - The number of homes for sale at the end of the month.
- Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) - Gray Line - The number of UCB contracts at the end of the month.*
- Pending home sales - Yellow Line - The number of pending sales at the end of the month.*
- Home Sales - Blue Line - The number of home sales for the month.
OCTOBER 2021 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: The number of homes for sale fell 10% to close out the month below 500 homes on the market.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCBs contracts saw a nice 12.8% jump between September and October.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales were more or less level compared to the previous month.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: The numer of sold homes fell to 435. This is the lowest we have seen this figure in the past year.
The next two charts give us additional insight into the Scottsdale real estate market.
Percent Change Month Over Month - Here, we compare the performance of each of the four metrics to the performance of the previous month. For instance, home sales were down 11.7% in October compared to September.
Sales Price to List Price - Here we are looking at the average sales prices of homes compared to the average asking prices. In October, it was 98.5%, which means homes, in general, are selling close to what they were on the market for.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 11/1/2021. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2021 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes