The city of Tampa is one of the best places to reside in Florida. It is part of the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater metro region, which is one of the largest in the Southeast United States and provides a wealth of benefits to its people, including a low cost of living, wonderful tropical weather, easy access to the beach, and much more. If you're thinking about moving to Tampa, we'd like to show you a few of the city's perks.
It’s More Affordable to Live in Tampa
A Great Alternative to Miami’s Sky-High Cost of Living
Tampa is a viable alternative to Miami if you're searching for a change of environment.
* To put it another way, Tampa's cost of living is in line with the national average, but it's just 1% higher than the state average.
* Compared to the national average, housing costs are 4% less.
* The average cost of a house in this area is $172,100.
* The average cost of renting a home in the United States is $983.
One of the Best Cities for Military Retirees
Tampa is a top choice for military retirees because of Florida's reputation as a haven for the nation's veterans. More than 21,000 veterans call the city home.
* There is no state income tax, hence no military pension tax exists.
* There are a number of Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities in the Tampa Bay region.
* South Tampa's MacDill Air Force Base is just a short drive away.
* The American Victory Ship & Museum and the Veterans Memorial Park and Museum are two local memorials.
You’ll Love the Weather in Tampa
Enjoy the Warm, Tropical Weather
Tropical weather is one of the most popular reasons for individuals to relocate to Tampa. Those who enjoy spending time in the sun will enjoy their stay here.
* Warm, sunny weather characterizes the region's winters and springs.
* Summers and falls are humid and wet.
* Temperatures rarely fall lower than 60 degrees in this area.
* Every year in Tampa, there are on average 246 sunny days.
White Sand Beaches and Clear Waters
A lot of time at the beach awaits you if you call the Florida Gulf Coast home. Numerous white-sand beaches and warm, crystal-clear waters may be found in the Tampa Bay area.
* For city dwellers, the greatest alternative is Ben T. Davis Beach on the causeway between Tampa and Clearwater.
* Many people visit Tampa Bay's St. Petersburg and Clearwater beaches because they are Florida's most popular beaches.
* A short drive from Tampa brings families with young children to Honeymoon Island State Park in Dunedin and Fort de Soto Park in St. Petersburg.
Go on a Cruise from Tampa Bay
You do not have to travel far to go on a cruise when you live in Tampa. Carnival, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Norwegian Cruise Line all have ships docked at Port Tampa Bay.
* There are 2,124 cabins onboard the Carnival Pride, 80 percent of which have stunning ocean views. In addition to the 214-foot-long Twister waterslide and the bars, nightclubs, and piano bars.
* As part of their Serenade of the Seas cruise experience, guests can enjoy a rock climbing wall, mini-golf, movie screen at the poolside, and more in their choice of six pools and whirlpools onboard the ship.
* In addition to 14 dining options, six hot tubs, a casino, spa services, a wine bar, and a kids pool and video arcade, the Norwegian Dawn can accommodate 2,340 passengers.
Tampa is the Perfect City to Enjoy Outdoors Activities
There’s Plenty of Outdoor Recreation
It's so tempting to get outside and appreciate nature because of the year-round warm and sunny weather.
* The 240-acre Lettuce Lake Park on the Hillsborough River is a great place to go hiking, birdwatching, or fishing.
* The Tampa Water Bike can be rented for a one- or two-person ride around Downtown Tampa and the canals.
* Camping, wildlife observation, canoeing, kayaking, and swimming are just some of the activities available at Hillsborough River State Park.
Year-Round Pro Sports at Tampa Bay
Another benefit for sports fans in Tampa is the wide range of professional sports to watch!
* If you're a fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, get down to Raymond James Stadium and show your support (NFL).
* From October to April each year, the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning play in the Amalie Arena.
* If you're a baseball fan, Tropicana Field hosts the Tampa Bay Rays (MLB), and Steinbrenner Field hosts the Tampa Tarpons (MiLB).
Family-Friendly Attractions Abound in Tampa, FL
You may have a good time with the whole family at a variety of locations.
* Visitors to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay can enjoy a variety of exciting rides. You can ride Cobra's Curse, Florida's first family spin roller coaster, and many more exciting attractions. Take a look at more than 200 species at one of the country's most highly regarded zoological facilities.
* Take a dolphin cruise or a close-up encounter with penguins at the Florida Aquarium in Channel District.
* With a variety of activities for children of all ages, the Glazer Children's Museum in Downtown Tampa caters to the interests of all visitors.
Indulge in the Many Tampa Restaurants and Bars
Satisfy Your Cravings at Top Restaurants
Tampa's nightlife has a lot to offer, and it's all right here.
* 7venth Sun Brewery in Seminole Heights is a great place to grab a beer.
* Cigars, whiskey, and beer are available at King Corona Cigars in Ybor City, Florida.
* Watch a Tampa Bay Lightning game on the big screen at Hattricks Tavern, one of the premier sports pubs in Downtown Tampa.
* Is cosplay your thing? The Castle, a gothic-themed dance club in Ybor City, is a great place to spend the night.
Tampa, Florida, is a beautiful city to call home. If you'd want to learn more about the housing choices in this wonderful city, I'd be pleased to show you around. To set up an appointment, please call me at (813) 789-2096 or email me at Realtor@EllenZusman.com.
To explore different views and for more information, visit the original blog post:
If you would like to receive a FREE Competitive Market Analysis, contact me today.
Let us help you find your perfect home!
If you require a Buyer's Agent to represent you during your transaction, please feel free to contact our office at 813-789-2096. We would be glad to work with you to get the best deal possible for your transaction.