Free Online Workshops for Job Seekers
An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
The schedule of opportunities includes:
- Throughout December – Every Monday 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Sign up to meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register for sessions at:
- Monday, Dec. 6: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5815170
- Monday, Dec. 13: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5815222
- Monday, Dec. 20: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5835481
- Monday, Dec. 27: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5835485
- Monday, Dec. 6: 1-3 p.m. Job Search Strategies (in a Pandemic). Learn about best practices for conducting a job search in the current (pandemic) job market. Register: https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5835574.
- Wednesday, Dec. 8: 1-3 p.m. How to Prepare for your Virtual Job Interview. Learn how to differentiate yourself from other candidates, be Zoom ready, package your experience, tell your story, be ready for challenging questions and feel more confident in your next interview. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5835642.
- Tuesday/Thursday, Dec. 14 and 16: 5:45-7:45 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp (Part I / Part II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5648279.
- Wednesday, Dec. 15: 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help you determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5835844.
- Wednesday, Dec. 15: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Learn about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5194274.
For more information about any workshop, contact Adrienne Vanlare at Adrienne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a Montgomery County, Maryland announcement.