- November 2021 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales -
Home sales rebounded in November, up 12.5% over October. And while UCB contracts fell, pending sales were up slightly.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – NOVEMBER 2021
Every month, we track the four sales metrics below:
- Single-family homes for sale - Orange Line - How many homes were on the market at the end of the month.
- Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) - Gray Line - How many homes were in UCB status at the end of the month.*
- Pending home sales - Yellow Line - How many homes were pending at the end of the month.*
- Home Sales - Blue Line - How many homes sold over the course of the month.
NOVEMBER 2021 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: Inventory fell by over 15% between October and November. This is bad news for buyers as we desperately need more homes for sale.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): The number of UCBs fell to 263, a 6.8% drop over the previous month.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: The number of pending sales has stayed mostly level for the past three months.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: As I mentioned at the beginning, home sales rebounded by over 12% in November, outperforming the past three months.
There are two more sales metrics we look at on a monthly basis.
Percent Change Month Over Month - The top chart compares the current month's activity to the month prior. For example, the number of active listings was down 15.8% over the previous month.
Sales Price to List Price - The bottom chart measures how much homes are selling for compared to asking prices. On average, homes sold for 99.6% of list price in November which means buyers were not getting much of a discount off of asking prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 12/1/2021. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2021 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes