It's been such a beautifully busy start to 2022! My year began with signing a listing agreement with lovely long-term clients who will be putting their Bowie Cape Cod on the market next month, and the first snow storm of the year.
Just like that we are almost a week in and I haven't even penned last year's recap post, or a post about all the things to look forward to in the new year, or what to expect from the local market moving forward. I shall catch up!
2021 was another year with many ups and a few downs courtesy of the pandemic; an unbelievable Real Estate market; special listings; finally a couple much needed trips to spend time with family; virtual classes and a new designation; exploring and discovering hidden gems; sweating for a good cause and miles for dad; and the best clients.
Highlighting a few - there were many - of my favorite moments in Real Estate of 2021:
1. Beginning the year with a closing in Gaithersburg, and helping our client find closure.
2. The Eton Road listing in Silver Spring, another Cape Cod and Real Estate story written with long time clients that has come full circle.
3. Fulfilling a dream 15 years in the making in Sykesville, a detached home with plenty of space inside and out, beating out multiple offers and making the 8th time a charm.
4. Securing the penthouse unit at the Schoolhouse in historic Ellicott City for my buyer, who is enjoying the lovely scenery and view (all the way to Main Street after the trees shed their leafy coats) and changing seasons through his wall of floor-to-ceiling windows and from his private balcony.
5. Setting a record on Ducketts Lane in Elkridge, MD, and my seller receiving closing help from the buyer. It's not that they needed it, but it was a strategic move by the buyer to make her offer stand out from the competition, successfully so!
May 2022 be a kind and gentle year for us all, filled with just the right amount (and kind) of excitement and many special moments. Cheers - it's never too late for that - to new adventures, creating new memories and writing new stories. I hope all the doors will open for you this year.