The new year here, and for many of us that means we are setting goals for ourselves…things we want to do and achieve in 2022. If you are a homeowner, you may want add some home improvements to list. Here are some small home improvements you should consider making in 2022:
- Update your kitchen. We are talking a simple update; not some huge undertaking. You might be surprised at how different your kitchen will look with just a small change. Something like painting your cabinets or adding a new backsplash can really brighten up the room and give it a modern feel.
- Beautify your walkway with bricks or pavers. Plain concrete is boring…and not very pretty. But you don’t have to replace it. You can simply embellish it by adding stone, clay or concrete pavers along the sides. If that feels like too much to take on, giving your walkway and/or driveway a good power wash can make them look brand new!
- Do a minor bathroom remodel. It may sound like a big job, but something as simple as replacing the bathroom mirror and faucet can give your bathroom a whole new look. Want to take it further? Consider replacing the toilet if yours is old and maybe switch out the shower head for a more luxurious shower experience.
- Upgrade your flooring. Do you have old, worn carpet in your home? Now is the time to remove it and replace it with hardwood flooring. If hardwood is out of your budget, consider an alternative like laminate flooring that looks like wood. Laminate is less expensive, but very durable and fade resistant. You can also save quite a bit of money by installing it yourself.
- Update a room (or two, or more) with a fresh coat of paint. It is amazing how different a room can feel if you paint it a different color. After you paint you can rearrange the room to your liking and add accent pieces (like throws and pillows) to complement the new wall color.
Just remember, small home improvements can make a big difference in your home without breaking the bank!
If you are in the market to buy or sell a home (or both), let me, Sandra Nickel, and my Hat Team of Professionals assist you with all your real estate needs! Call us today at 334-834-1500 and check out https://www.homesforsaleinmontgomeryalabama.com for more information.
Photo Credits: kitchenmagic.com, familyhandyman.com, homeguide.com, pinterest.com, buildwith5th.com