What’s the Value of My Rancho Santa Fe Home?
Rancho Santa Fe Home Sales for December 2021
Buyers and sellers in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market should have current information about local market conditions in order to make educated decisions about Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale, whether they are selling, buying, or investing.
The Rancho Santa Fe housing market is the most expensive community in San Diego County, on average. There are large estates, gated communities, and luxury and equestrian properties on expansive lots often measured in acres. As of this writing there are 17 properties listed for more than $10,000,000, including 1 at $98,500,000!
LEARN MORE ABOUT RANCHO SANTA FE:
Here is a summary of the Rancho Santa Fe housing market for December 2021 based on data from the MLS (private sales are not included). These data are considered reliable at the time this report was written but are not guaranteed.
- There were 16 sales of single family homes in December, 3 more sales than last month. There were no condo sales in December, compared to 3 in November.
- Sales prices ranged from $2,250,000 to $7,050,000
- The average sales price of the single family homes was $4,341,875, down 16% from the average sales price last month (no doubt in part due to the sale last month of 9 homes over $5M with 1 at $15,600,000 and 1 at $11,750,000 that raised the November average)
- The median sales price for single family homes was $3,970,000, up 11%.
- On average the single family homes sold for 94% of the original asking price. 4 of the homes sold for list price or more.
- As of the end of December there was 1 home in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market with an Active Under Contract status, the same as the last 3 months.
At the end of December 2021 there were 45 Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale (all but 2 are single family detached homes), ranging in price from $1,150,000 to $98,500,000, down 22% last month (58). This represents a supply of 2.4 months for single family homes at the current rate of sales (based on a 6-month period), the same as in November.
The high end market has continued to shift in Rancho Santa Fe, and remains a strong sellers’ market for single family homes, luxury properties and estates, and is a very strong seller’s market for condos, townhomes and duplexes, with only 1 listing available as of today.
The number of Rancho Santa Fe homes coming on the market in December dropped from last month, from 16 to 7, another decline but not a surprise given the holidays. Similarly 12 homes went pending, 2 fewer pendings than last month (excluding homes that closed escrow in December).
If you would like more detailed information about the Rancho Santa Fe housing market regarding current activity, as well as for particular areas such as Fairbanks Ranch and the Covenant, please reach out to me at (760) 840-1360.
I am happy to discuss your specific housing needs and budget, and help you develop a strategy to buy your new Rancho Santa Fe home.
If you are thinking about selling your Rancho Santa Fe home I am happy to discuss your particular plans and timing, and provide a free market and equity analysis. Then we can create a strategy to get your home sold in the time frame that works for you, and for the best price, terms, and conditions!