In November, I showed a home to one of my investors, they wrote, and "heard" there were multiple offers, but the home was taken off the market, and the Seller decided to wait until the spring, and maybe she can get her desired price.
My investor wanted me to contact either the agent or the Seller to see if by chance she would want to sell, and leave anything she wanted. She is a hoarder, and could not see the floor, get out the slider to the deck, etc. I found a few emails, so started by email, but after a couple of days, had no answer. Found a cell and a home phone, so I called and made a verbal offer and assured her there would be a written offer to follow if she agreed.
While listed, had spoken to the listing agent, and he said Zillow had been by before they discontinued buying homes, and offered her $100,000 more than he thought it would sell for. (no wonder they got out of the buying business)
This same mentality has changed, as when she answered her cell, she was quite upset, and said she wouldn't take more than what Zillow had offered, and will be listing in the near future.
Will Zillow's original offer taint her to be able to see the reality?