I sure like to write, but usually not much about myself. Active Rain's challenge this month is write "about my story". Let's take a look at the questions and my answers.
* Where were you born? Born and raised in Manchester NH where I have built one of the largest Independent Real Estate companies by focusing on great service.
* What was your upbringing and how did that shape who you are? Being brought up in Manchester NH, a small city in NH, but thought of as quite suburban for many real city folks kept us isolated. Where neighbors were friendly, out going and welcoming. Brought up in a family with Real Estate roots, took the Real Estate class at 17 and took the test on my 18th Birthday. As the youngest Real Estate Agent in the State of NH, I was not welcomed by many big company agents. I started on day 1 when the mail man delivered that big white envelope. Working right away listing and selling homes for the largest builders in NH who hired our firm. I learned new construction right out of the gate. Working open houses by weekend and going on every listing appointment i could during the week. Back then when you wanted a tax card, you drove to the town. Waited in line at the town hall and talked nicely to the woman at the counter to get you all the info they had. I learned by doing and being given every "go for" aka gopher job there was. I learned a lot.
* Who have you met along the way and how did they influence you? The most influential person in my life was my mom. My broker, my boss and my mom and that order when it was time for work. Looking back at many tough lessons all that taught me how to succeed today. The patience she had to explain, teach and guide me through every aspect of real estate. The lesson that has survived all other is how to treat people. To listen before you speak. To always leave the client happy. Through that i learned a new trait called patience. Fast forward to the day I learned about Active Rain. A new word opened where real estate people were friendly, welcoming and eager to share their thoughts. Soon AR legends such as Barbara Todaro, Anna Banana Kruchten, Kathy and Mac introduced themselves by leaving comments on a blog i wrote and changed my life. Then came all the friendships from the many regulars on AR who both listened and shared tips, stories and smiles.
* Where have you traveled and how has that influenced your perspective? Growing up my travel was basically limited to native NH, the seacoast, lakes and mountains. There was no need to go anywhere else. Fast forward many friends have moved to Florida and I really enjoy heading there when winter hits to visit for good company and warm sunshine. Now in my older days I love the Bahamas or a soothing cruise.
* What have been your interests / hobbies, how did you become interested in them, and how have they impacted your life? For most of my life my interest and hobby was real estate. That changed having a daughter. Taking time to watch her grow into one of the finest young ladies I know. My world is my daughter who I do anything for.
* Have you had any life-altering experiences? Suffering a fall and having to learn how to walk again was pretty life altering. It also showed who one's real friends and supporters are to become a leaner meaner person and businessman.
* What do you still hope to accomplish in life? I try not to think that far ahead. My accomplishments are many and a successful business is thriving that needs constant attention. My biggest future goal was being there through every aspect of my daughters life growing up. As she graduates college this year, i find more time as she is off on her own. Perhaps a couple of months of winter in a warmer climate. But for now, it is listing homes, selling homes, making happy clients and repeat.
THE MORAL OF THE STORY is that for you to know that all agents are not created equal and every consumer should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest agent. Let me show you there is a difference. Please Support locally owned and operated business. Locally owned and operated since 1985.
One of the most important thing in Real Estate for me is provide GREAT SERVICE. I want to stand out from the crowd. My philosophy is simple. To provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the selling and buying process. Experience matters.
To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com .
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. Proud to be locally owned and operated with 35 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area. We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs. Servicing Hillsborough, Rockingham, Merrimack and Belknap counties.
Subscribe to CommentsComment