I learn so much from Char and I saw that Amanda Davidson use to use her until she switch over to EXP and they supply a website but she had great things to say about Char and her team. Great Blog. How many are using her now?
Read on to learn my best tips to help you create a great site, and if you need help, then give us a call or check out our $399 Wordpress Website Deal.
Key Components of a Better Real Estate Website
There are many things that make up a real estate website. I could probably spend all day making a list of things that I feel are important to a website but by the time I got to the end you might be dozing off. If you want to read the in-depth post you can click here: "My BEST Tips on How to Create a Better Real Estate Website".
Here are a few that I feel are important:
- DESIGN: The design is clean and not cluttered with too many elements & it represents YOUR Brand.
- USER FRIENDLY: It is easy to use, and clients are able to find what they need on their first visit and on future visits - Keep the important stuff ABOVE the fold.
- IDX Search: You have your OWN built-in IDX Search - something that brands you and captures leads. We recommend IDXBroker which comes with a TON of great features like Custom Lead Registration tools, Widgets, Market Report pages and more. We are Developer partners with them and install it for free if you sign up with us. If you already have it, being our Dev partner is also very beneficial!
- CTAs: You use plenty of Call to Actions. CONTENT: You provide them with useful information they NEED! Think "WIFM" (What's In It For Me). BLOG & Community Pages - these GREATLY increase your chances of being found on Google. SEO: Meta Titles & Descriptions, Responsiveness, Mobile Friendly, Sitemaps, Alt Tags & Google Analytics & Google Search Console all factor in to your success.
- LANDING PAGES: Build pages targeting specific keywords. IDX Searches are excellent for these.
- CONNECT: Your Contact Information & Social Media Links are easy to find.
A few more things...
- Accessibility: accessiBe (25% off) and Userway
- Google Business Profile: GET ONE!
Getting to the top of Google isn't easy - here's how you can increase your chances:
- Build Landing Pages that focus on a Primary Keyword with related keywords.
- Research your Keywords FIRST: https://ads.google.com/home/tools/keyword-planner/.
- Choose Keywords that will bring you a CUSTOMER. Choose long tail Keywords or Keyword Phrases that have low or medium competition.
- Research your competition (who ranks 1,2,3, etc.), then build a similar page around that keyword.
- Add relevant and up-to-date written content using your Keyword and headers.
- Don't forget a good Title and a compelling Description Interlink your pages with each other.
- Build LOTS of them!
- Start blogging
How do Zillow & Trulia do it - Can I beat them?
They built Landing Pages - LOTS of them. Like, THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS. . . AND - they interlink them. . . And - they named them with Keywords. Seeing a pattern here?
For example go to https://www.trulia.com/NV/Las_Vegas/ and scroll all the way to the bottom. What do you see?
YES - You CAN beat them! Their content is basically the same thing over and over on hundreds of pages. If you write unique content that is up to date and relevant, you have a chance.
- Blogging is one of the most important AND the most under-used ways to rank higher in the search engines.
- Topics: Local, Date Related & Superficial posts get the highest clicks. In 90 days, one of my clients received 111 clicks from a blog post about Tampa Gardening Zones and 52 from one about the Best fishing spots around Indian Rocks Beach.
- Interlink every blog with other PAGES on your site and other BLOG posts. Don't just use a plugin to show related blogs; link them in the blog content using keywords if possible.
- Include a closing statement that asks a question and includes more links to important landing pages - change it up.
- Use CATEGORIES & TAGS - learn what they are.
- Write compelling Blog Titles & descriptions - emotion sells! 5 Tips for Selling your home vs Avoid these 5 Mistake Most Home Sellers Make.
- Create a good Featured Image with the blog title on it - CANVA.
Monitor your Performance & Make Adjustments
- Stay on top of your website's performance by monitoring it in Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Download the Google Analytics app and keep track from your phone.
- Look for pages that already rank and work on improving Click Through Rates. Test new things and make changes.
- Write better Meta Titles & Descriptions.
- Improve your on-page optimization by including related keywords.
- Refresh old blog content; look for old posts that brought your site a lot of traffic and refresh it!
Know Your Stuff
There are tons of reputable sites out there that can give you good reliable stats. It pays to stay on top of this data because it helps you to improve your own ranking. Here are a few I found important regarding Click Through Rates in 2021:
- The #1 result in Google gets 31.7% of all Clicks.
- Moving up 1 spot increases your CTR by 30.8%.
- Title Tags that contain a question have a 14.1% higher CTR.
- Titles with a Positive or Negative sentiment improved CTR by 7%.
- URLs that contain a Keyword have a 45% higher CTR.
- Only 0.78% of Google searchers clicked on something from the second page.
Landing Page Examples:
- Landing Page for Nashville TN: https://benchmarkrealtytn.com/communities/nashville-tn-homes-for-sale/
- Landing Page for Aspen CO: https://aspenpremierproperties.com/communities/aspen-co-homes-for-sale/
- Landing Page - Video Tours: https://jonklein.com/3d/get-a-3d-tour/
- Landing Page Commercial Real Estate: https://www.floridakeyscommercial.com/how-to-find-a-commercial-property-for-lease-in-the-florida-keys/
- IDX Broker Landing page for Jasper IN: https://jasper-real-estate.sell-4free.net/i/jasper-in-real-estate
- IDX Broker Landing Page New Orleans: https://homes.alexpeetrealestate.com/i/zillow-new-orleans-garden-district
- IDX Broker Landing Page Aspen CO: https://aspenhomes.aspenpremierproperties.com/i/aspen-co-luxury-homes-for-sale
- Landing Page Smoky Mountain Cabins: https://smokymountainhomesforsale.com/smoky-mountain-cabins-for-sale/
- Landing Page Marco Island Condos: https://marcoareaexpert.com/marco-island-condominiums/
- Landing Page Downtown LA https://therandellegreengroup.com/downtown-los-angeles-districts/the-fashion-district-los-angeles/
I'd love to hear your comments on this post! And, if you have any ideas you would like me to blog about please feel free to add them in the comments for me!
517-917-0582 (Call or Text)