Manufactured Housing Is On The Rise. Look For The Lipstick On A Pig!
CREST BACKYARD HOMES
ON THE LEVEL General & Manufactured Home Contractors Inc
TAG Real Estate Sales & Investments
Invites You To
ZOOM Us On May 24th From 11-12 For A Brown Bag Chat
There’s no doubt about it. In today’s very unfriendly and unaffordable economic environment buyers are thinking long and hard about their options. So what are those options? HUD Manufactured Homes in Manufactured Home Communities. And there are thousands of these communities dotting the landscape throughout the Country. However, please, please, please do your due diligence before your client pulls the trigger. There are several caveats to consider.
- Is the home level?
- What type of ground does the home sit on? Clay, decomposed granite, sandy loam, Class II road base, concrete slab or other
- Is there any drainage issues ie, ponding/standing water, dampness, soil erosion, etc.
- Is there a French drain system around the perimeter of the home that will catch and divert run off and seepage and prevent water from getting under the home? Was it installed properly and effectively?
- What type of materials were used to support the home? Cement or steel piers? Wood or concrete pads?
- Are those components in good condition free from rust, deterioration, decomposition, etc.
- Is there any type of foundation system, engineered tie down system (ETF), earthquake resistant bracing system (ERBS)?
- Are the screw jacks secured to the beam of the home?
- Have you had it inspected by an experienced mobile and manufactured home inspector?
- Has it been inspected for caustic or toxic materials ie formaldehyde or asbestos?
- What condition is the understructure in?
- Are there any squeaks in the floor?
- Do all doors or windows open and close easily?
- Do any of the doors swing?
- What is the exterior wall thickness?
- What type of exterior siding material does it have?
- What type of interior paneling is there?
- What's the floor, wall and roofing insulation material made of?
- What type of roof is it? Rolled metal, pitched gable shingle, flat, other?
- What is the roof condition?
- Has it been re roofed and was it permitted?
- If re roofed what type of roofing material was used and was the old roof removed?
- Are there any room additions and were they permitted?
- Were any doorways removed and new ones installed ie sliders, French doors, Dutch doors, etc and were they permitted?
- What condition is the community in?
- Is it owned by private investors?
- Is it a coop owned by a non profit organization?
- Is there rent control?
- What are the rents in surrounding communities?
- Is the MH community in the path of progress or in a run down declining neighborhood?
If the home is in a resident owned Manufactured Home Community or on private land.
- Is it on an certified engineered foundation system?
- Is there a recorded 433a certification (California) or an affidavit of affixture if out of California?
These are only a few of the many things that's incumbent on you to know as a real estate professional. So please join us for this information packed session. The demand for affordable housing is at an all time high throughout the United States. As interest rates and inflation continue to rise affordable options like trailers, Pre HUD mobilehomes and HUD Manufactured Homes are at an all time high.
Set aside this fast paced one hour Q/A discussion and by all means bring your lunch a cool one and lot's of questions.
But above all KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING!!
Click HERE to join
I really do hope you can join us, it's only for an hour, and you will be glad you did.