YIELD: 16 SLICES
DONUT FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
PREP TIME10 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME25 minutes
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 stale donuts, sliced in half
- powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large nonstick skillet.
- Quickly dip donut halves into mixture (do not let soak like traditional french toast – donuts soak up the custard mixture crazy fast), and then place in skillet.
- Cook a couple slices at a time and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with all donut slices.
- Serve immediately with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.