Raleigh - Durham - One of the top Retirement Destinations
Whether you're in the beginning stages of considering where to retire or you've been looking for a while, look no further. Raleigh-Durham has been one of the top places for people over 60 for quite some time. Our hospitals, Active Adult builders, and Continuing Care Facilities have been growing significantly to meet the needs of so many people who want to live here. Everyone has their own reason to move to the Capital City or the Bull City. The big questions is, which community and area are right for you?
Why is Raleigh - Durham one of the top US retirement destinations?
- Moderate seasonal climate
- Moderate taxes & cost of living
- World Class healthcare and continuing care options
- Less traffic than big cities with all the conveniences
- Great restaurants,museums, and entertainment options
- Tons of walking and hiking trails
- Great lifestyle option as it's convenient to lakes, the mountains and the beach
- It is beautiful here!
- Education hub for life-long learners
- Many Active Adult communities to choose from
- The people are friendly!
- They want to be close to their kids and grandkids
Which area of the Triangle is best for retirement?
Many times, people find an Active Adult community and begin their search there. There are so many little towns and a couple cities in the Triangle. I try to ask questions that lead people to be best area. People choose their location for many different reasons. Some want to be convenient to the city, walking trails, universities, healthcare, and some to their family. Understanding the reason is very important. Raleigh and Durham are obvious choices. Other choices may be Cary, Apex, Pittsboro, Clayton, Fuquay Varina, or Wake Forest. There are other small towns as well.
It all depends on what you're looking for in a retirement community.
Del Webb offers some of the most robust activities when it comes to retirement communities. Each Del Webb community has a variety of amenities which usually include an outdoor pool, gym and exercise room and may include in indoor pool, tennis, pickle-ball, shuffleboard, pottery room, etc. They have multiple clubs you can join. By the way, at the moment our local Del Webb communities do not have golf clubs or restaurants. There are many golf clubs in the area to join and many restaurants to check out. On a positive note, your monthly HOA fees are more affordable.
Del Webb might be for you if...
- You're looking for social activities
- You want to make friends
- You want to join or start a new club
- You want an activities director
- You want exercise or fitness lead activities
- You want dance classes
- Tennis or Pickle ball are important to you
- You want the most of your life!
Del Webb Communities in the Triangle include
- Carolina Preserve in Cary NC
- Carolina Arbors in Durham/Briar Creek
- Del Webb at Traditions in Wake Forest
- Carolina Gardens in Fuquay Varina
- Coming Soon - Carolina Overlook in Clayton
There are many Active Adult communities that have a pool and a few other amenities or clubs. Some of my favorites are listed below.
Courtyard Communities include:
- Courtyards at West Cary - Cary NC
- Courtyards at O'Kelly Chapel - Cary
- Courtyards on Holt - Cary
- Courtyards at Kildaire Farm - Cary
- Courtyards at Homestead Rd. - Chapel Hill
- Courtyards at Andrews Chapel - Durham
- Courtyards at Southpoint - Durham
- Courtyards at Heritage Grove - Wake Forest
Lennar Communities include:
- Auburn Village - Raleigh/Garner area
- Fendol Farms - Durham/Brier Creek
David Weekley Homes include:
- 12 Oaks - Holly Springs
- Encore at Wendell Falls - Wendell
- Encore at Briar Chapel - Chapel Hill/Chatham County
- Coming Soon - Encore at Chatham Park - Pittsboro
Dan Ryan Communities include:
- Adalyn Place - Fuquay Varina
- Flowers Plantation - Forge Creek - Clayton
Toll Brothers communities include:
- The Golf Villas at Hasentree - Wake Forest
Other excellent Communities worth mentioning:
There are many other communities not mentioned here. Most communities are only offering resales at the moment. There are a couple new construction neighborhoods with new construction options and a few coming soon. If you would like assistance finding the perfect retirement home, please reach out to Carla at 919-602-8489 or email@example.com.