Like. You Know. Me.
What a fun way to get members to open up and write about themselves and show off the areas where they reside. I enjoyed pulling from past memories, wishes and dreams while appreciating being present. Enjoy!
1. What was your first job and what did you learn from it?
I was a self-starter, mowing lawns at 10 years of age. Learned a solid work ethic and gained the rewards of a job well done.
2. How long have you been in the real estate or related service industry?
I have been in the industry for 20 years. Started out as an Assistant Director of Advertising and Marketing for a large home builder.
3. What is your biggest fear and what have you done to try to conquer it?
Public speaking. Joined organizations where I had to speak. I prefer small, intimate gatherings or being another person in the crowd.
4. What would you do if you knew you would not fail?
5. What is a habit you would love to eliminate or change?
Trusting that other people share the same, straightforward work ethic.
6. What is your favorite meal (forget about calories or what you shouldn’t eat)?
Eating grilled lobster with melted butter cooked by Chef Michael.
7. What is something you wish you’d done?
Work for Hallmark Greeting card company. It is no longer a desire though, am where intended!
8. Who has been most influential in your life?
When younger, my grandpa Henry. Currently, my husband. He has always supported and encouraged me to succeed!
9. What are your favorite business-related books?
Who moved my cheese? How to Win Friends and Influence People
10. Other than business books what are your favorite things to read?
Humor infused books, Thrillers, Children's books to the Grandbabies
11. What are your top 5 favorite movies?
White Christmas, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Green Mile, Some Like it Hot, Steel Magnolias
12. If I came to visit your city for one day what is the one thing I must do or see?
Visit or Hike a State or National Park
13. If I came to your city to visit for one day what is the one restaurant you would recommend?
Capelletti's in downtown St. George
14. If I was going to relocate to your area what advice would you give me that is unique to the area?
Take advantage of the great outdoors year 'round. There's something for everyone!
15. Do you have any special talents?
I dance like no one's watching and create the designs for all my greeting cards for business and special occasions!
16. Do you have any quirks?
Left handed, ambidextrous and geographically challenged
17. What is your best character trait?
18. Have you ever done anything you would never do again because it was too hard or too dangerous?
Turn off the truck to save gas and almost run off a cliff because it had automatic steering & brakes that worked when the engine was running, not so much when off.
19. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Spend time in the garden with My Honey, golf with My Honey and enjoy music at the Silo with family and friends
20. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you want to live?
Right here, where we have created beautiful garden spaces and turned a grain silo into an outdoor entertainment area complete with stage for live bands. We have been stay-cationing for several years.
21. What is something that we don’t know about you that would surprise us?
I was in a few television commercials for a local Napa Auto Parts store in Glenwood Springs, Colorado in my 20's.
This is an entry to May ActiveRain Challenge: Getting To Know You. Many thanks to Kathy Streib and Carol Williams for hosting!