View Full In Detailed Article Here
Selling an Airbnb property whether for sale by the owner or as a Realtor can be a bit tricky. While the market is hot, many people aren't thinking they still need to do the basics for selling short-term rentals. A Major problem is making the Airbnb information difficult for the average Zillow investor to see and most agents don’t know to get certain information. In addition, listing websites like Zillow and Realtor.com don’t show the documents that get attached to the listing which is the only place most Agents put financial documents.
8 Quick STR listing Tips
- Input on Dedicated Short-term rental websites like AirDeed.com
- Include the link to the VRBO and/or Airbnb listing in the description
- Include your Average Daily Rate, Occupancy Rate, and Revenue in the description
- Use An MLS Listings Service
- Include Full P&L Document
- Include your short-term rental license document
- Understand STRs Revenue Doesn't Mean Higher than Primary Home Value
- Create a VRBO listing if not already done as a VRBO listing can be transferred to a new owner unlike an Airbnb listing
Very few Airbnbs being listed for sale have the above information and therefore deal with never-ending back and forth between many buyers who aren’t engaged fully in the property. You will get higher quality buyer leads from individuals deciding to contact you after seeing all relevant STR revenue documents.