This post was inspired by Kathy Streib & Carol Williams the two hosts of this Active Rain Challenge to get to know us better. I decided to participate when I read Anna Banana Kruchten CRS, Phoenix Broker post.
Those of you who read my posts consistently, know that I am an 'open book'. Now with that said not sure how much more you might learn about me, but here it goes anyway. If you found something 'new about me that you did not know' enjoy and feel free to comment :
- 1. What was your first job and what did you learn from it? I was in eight grade grammar school, on Saturdays I worked as a factory cleaner for four hours. I learned that I would rather be the best student and never have to do manual labor for a living. Thank you, mom, for helping me get my first job.
- How long have you been in the real estate or related service industry? Not counting the time when I left the US Army buying, selling, and renting my own properties. Just counting the time when I became a licensed Realtor in Boston, MA & subsequently a licensed Realtor in Los Angeles, CA would be around 28+ years.
- What is your biggest fear and what have you done to try to conquer it? I have always been Fearless: Having been an Airborne Ranger Infantry CPT should confirm that. Not many soldiers can say they have achieved these recognitions. Fear prevents people from thinking, and I have and am always thinking.
- What would you do if you knew you would not fail? The answer is easy, I would come back in my next life as a good and responsive Handyman. There is a huge demand for them, and they only work when they want to and charge whatever they want to😊)))
- What is a habit you would love to eliminate or change? Be more tolerant or should I say more forgiving of stupid, two-faced people, and mostly those who talk a good game, but are not the same person in real life as you see them on the internet. You know, the ones that preach from the throne and do not practice what they preach. I lack the tolerance for these types of people.
- What is your favorite meal (forget about calories or what you shouldn’t eat) A medium rare Filet Mignon, (keep in mind we have not had red meat or pork on our menu since the movie Babe came out). Hence it has been decades…
- What is something you wish you’d done? I should have gone to Law School and become an Attorney, Diane keeps saying you act like an attorney, and she does not mean it in a negative way ( she has been working in Law Firms for 30+ years).
- Who has been most influential in your life? My father & mother. I learned to dream from my father, and I learned to be grounded from my mother. It is a great combination being able to dream and still be grounded to achieve the dreams.
- What are your favorite business-related books? ‘Principle Centered Leadership’ by Stephen R. Covey; ‘Your Guide to Greatness in Sales’ by Tom Hopkins; ’What every US Business-Person should know about successful Management and Bringing Quality back home ‘ by Rafel Aguanyo - foreword by W. Edwards Deming (aka Dr Deming); ‘WOODEN- A lifetime of Observations and Reflections on and Off the Court, by Coach John Wooden; ‘Meditations’ by Marcus Aurelius
- Other than business books what are your favorite things to read? Books by John Le Carre’, Jack Higgins, Frederick Forsythe to name a few and let’s not forget Cookbooks from all over the Globe.
- What are your top 5 favorite movies? “12 Angry Men”; ”Casablanca”; ”Lawrence of Arabia”; ”Sound of Music”; ”Schindler’s List”
- If I came to visit your city for one day what is the one thing I must do or see? First you need to tell me what interests you and I would be your tour guide: 1. Hollywood Sign, 2. Beverly Hills Flats, 3. Bel Air East & West Gates, 4. Sunset Blvd., 5. Santa Monica Pier, 6. Malibu. We could narrow down the list, but it still would be a five-hour drive or more.
- If I came to your city to visit for one day what is the one restaurant you would recommend? This depends on your palate, you would need to let me know in advance, do you have a Michelin five-star palate or what type of food do you like? That will determine the choice. Gratefully in the greater Los Angeles area we many food & restaurant choices.
- If I was going to relocate to your area what advice would you give me that is unique to the area? You would need two cars if there are two adults. Diane & I relocated from Boston, MA 27+ years ago with one car, and after the first week we realized we need to buy another car. The Greater Los Angeles area is a driving not walking city.
- Do you have any special talents? One being multilingual and the other is, I have mastered home cooking to a fine art.
16 Do you have any quirks? Being brutally honest to my detriment.
- What is your best character trait? Integrity / Loyalty can’t separate one from the other. I studied at the United States Military Academy at West Point and our motto was: Duty, Honor, Country, with the focus on the seven traits most honored in the military: loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage.
- Have you ever done anything you would never do again because it was too hard or too dangerous? I used to lend books out to friends and acquaintances expecting to get the books back… lost not only the book, but the friends and acquaintances too. So, with that said do not ask and I will not lend you a book from our collection…
- What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? Hang out with my pets and read. Sadly the reading has been pushed to the background.
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you want to live? I am not a fan of humidity; I love living in a somewhat free country compared to the rest of the Globe. I guess I am staying here, since I do not want to learn another language at this point in my life.
- What is something that we don’t know about you that would surprise us? I have always been an ‘open book’ no secrets, no private posts. All public posts, the old saying is what you see is what you get. Either you like me, or you do not. Now with that said I cannot carry a tune if my life depended on it. My fourth-grade teacher asked me to sing and when I did, the advice I received was: please do not sing and it was confirmed over the years….
Hope you enjoyed reading and learning a little more about me.
Wishing you a safe and healthy life and I look forward to your comments. If you are looking for a knowledgeable, focused and goal-oriented Realtor in the Beverly Hills area who will help you achieve your Real Estate goals, please reach out to me directly! If you are looking for a pet friendly Beverly Hills Realtor who can handle and sell the most difficult properties that no one else could, please reach out to me directly!! If you are considering buying or selling a home, a luxury home, luxury investment real estate, luxury vacation homes, or luxury beach properties in Southern California, Los Angeles, Century City, Westwood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Rey, Venice or Malibu, feel free to contact me at 310.486.1002 ( m) firstname.lastname@example.org or visit one of my websites at https://www.endrebarath.com I contribute a portion of my commission to local animal rescue organizations. Endre Barath, Jr. Realtor at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties DRE#01238708