Getting To Know You: Active Rain May 2022 Challenge
1. What was your first job and what did you learn from it?
My father had a factory that made decorative pillows. I worked in the office. I learned I did not like bookkeeping!
2. How long have you been in the real estate or related service industry?
I've been licensed 18 years, and 10 years prior to that we were building, buying and selling our own homes.
3. What is your biggest fear and what have you done to try to conquer it?
Snakes. They freak me out. Stay as far away as possible!
4. What would you do if you knew you would not fail?
Interesting question. I don't know.
5. What is a habit you would love to eliminate or change?
6. What is your favorite meal (forget about calories or what you shouldn’t eat)
That's a hard one because I love to eat. Italian, Sushi, Chinese, Hungarian, deli - I'm an equal-opportunity food lover!
7. What is something you wish you’d done?
Gone to law school.
8. Who has been most influential in your life?
My parents. They were the kindest, most honorable people. They taught me to treat people with kindness and to always take the high road and do the right thing.
In court reporting, Otto was the most influential. In real estate, it was Lou Ludwig.
9. What are your favorite business-related books?
Kiss, Bow and Shake Hands, How to Win Friends and Influence People
The truth is I start to read them and invariably get interrupted by our 24/7 schedules these days.
10. Other than business books what are your favorite things to read?
Fiction. But who has time to read books? I love to read and got to read one book this year. I was an avid reader growing up. I miss it.
11. What are your top 5 favorite movies?
Gone With The Wind
Sound of Music
12. If I came to visit your city for one day what is the one thing I must do or see?
The ocean! It's so peaceful and tranquil. It's good for the soul.
13. If I came to your city to visit for one day what is the one restaurant you would recommend?
We have so many. Depends what you like Probably something on the water.
14. If I was going to relocate to your area what advice would you give me that is unique to the area?
You can live downtown, near downtown or out west and we have tons of different types of communities. I'd need to know more about you, your wants and needs and the lifestyle you're looking for.
15. Do you have any special talents?
I'm a pretty good canasta player. I don't think that's a talent, maybe a skill.
I'm not artistic and I can't sing. I have a black thumb which I attribute to growing up in the city.
16 Do you have any quirks?
No shoes on a table. My mother always said, no shoes on the table. I don't know why. Maybe an old wives tale, but it stuck.
17. What is your best character trait?
I'm honest to a fault and fiercely loyal, until you show me why I shouldn't be. Then I'm history.
18. Have you ever done anything you would never do again because it was too hard or too dangerous?
Yes, hitchhiked as teens. When I think about it now, it's frightening.
19. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Spend time with my dogs, go to the beach, watch old movies.
20. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you want to live?
I like living in south Florida.
21. What is something that we don’t know about you that would surprise us?
My maiden name is Sunshine. Yes, it really is!