This month Kathy Streib and Carol Williams are hosting the "May ActiveRain Challenge; Getting to Know You." For this challenge we are asked to answer 21 questions which Kathy and Carol have put together. This challenge looked like a fun, so I have decided to participate, and provide a little more information about me. So here goes.
1. What was your first job and what did you learn from it?
I worked in a factory while in High School making plastic tubing large as for a plastic hose, to as small as plastic tubes used for infusions. The equipment that extruded the plastic tubes produced a lot of heat, and there was no air-conditioning. Room I worded in got very, very hot in the Summer.
2. How long have you been in the real estate or related service industry?
3. What is your biggest fear and what have you done to try to conquer it?
I do not like heights, but I have never let it control me.
4. What would you do if you knew you would not fail?
I would have started my own sports collectable business.
5. What is a habit you would love to eliminate or change?
I tend to over prepare. Good enough is never good enough.
6. What is your favorite meal (forget about calories or what you shouldn’t eat)
I love seafood, especially fried whole belly clams. I prefer them even over lobster.
7. What is something you wish you’d done?
I recently have taken up playing golf, and I wish I had started it sooner. I find it relaxing.
8. Who has been most influential in your life?
My father early in my life, but for most of my life my wife. She very quietly guided me to Christ, and into the man I have become.
9. What are your favorite business-related books?
I do not like to read, but "Who Stole My Cheese", "Raving Fans", and "Mr. Shmooze" have been a positive influence on how I go about doing my business.
10. Other than business books what are your favorite things to read?
Like I said above, I don't like to read, so I do not read for pleasure.
11. What are your top 5 favorite movies?
It has been a long time since I have been in a movie theater. The last movie I went to see that I enjoyed was "Numbers". I do not like horror movies, but I do like blood and guts movies like "Death Wish" and "Dirty Harry" "Coman the Barbarian". I also like Comedies.
12. If I came to visit your city for one day what is the one thing I must do or see?
Probably Mystic Seaport
13. If I came to your city to visit for one day what is the one restaurant you would recommend?
Johnny Ad's. It is not fancy. You eat off of paper plates and use plastic ware, but they have excellent seafood at a great price.
14. If I was going to relocate to your area what advice would you give me that is unique to the area?
I don't think there is really anything I would consider unique. But we have very diverse communities, and housing.
15. Do you have any special talents?
Nothing special, but I have always been a good athlete.
16 Do you have any quirks?
I hate to lose!!!
17. What is your best character trait?
I can be trusted with a secret. I am asked to not repeat something to someone else, I do not repeat it. Not even to my wife who is the closest person to me whom I trust most.
18. Have you ever done anything you would never do again because it was too hard or too dangerous?
Yes I did many STUPID things between the age of 18 - 21. Non of which I will repeat!!!
19. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Right now even though I just started, it is golf.
20. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you want to live?
There is a number of places I would like to live so it is hard to narrow it down to even two or three. However, one of them I would consider is the Azores Islands in Portugal.
21. What is something that we don’t know about you that would surprise us?
I was not a citizen when I volunteered to joined the Navy at the age of 18. I love this country, and even at a young age I felt it was my duty and obligation to serve. I became a citizen while in the Navy, because I needed a Secret Clarence in order to advance in the Rating I was in. At the age of 18 I looked like I was still in elementary school ...... LOL
I hope you all now know a little more about me, and had fun reading my answers to Kathy and Carols questions.