Haven’t Filed Your Taxes in a While? No Problem!

Education & Training with Tax Raj Solutions LLC

I represent taxpayers in Boulder, and Denver Metropolitan, CO who have issues with unpaid taxes  and outstanding tax liabilities, back taxes and wage garnishments.


Haven’t Filed Your Taxes in a While? How Many Years Do You Need to File?


There are many reasons people do not file their tax returns. It does not matter if you have not filed your tax returns for one years or many years. The worst thing the taxpayers can do is ignore the problem, because this will result in getting notices/letters from taxing authorities.


If you would like to receive free list (either or short list) of steps to take deal with the IRS, please send me an email: raj@taxrajsolutions.com


If you have not filed your taxes for a while and are getting threatening letters from the IRS or the State department, and wondering how many years back you need to file to resolve your ongoing problem. 

Before you could resolve you back tax issues with the IRS, the following steps need to be taken:


  1. Get into tax filing compliance for the previous unfiled tax returns, with the IRS before you could discuss any alternate method for resolving the issues.

WHAT IS TAX COMPLIANCE: According to the IRS policy, a taxpayer need to file for

at least last six years taxes. This is minimum requirement, however you may be required to file

prior years if you are under audit.

  1. Once the tax returns are filed and accepted, the taxpayer will get billing notice if you owe


  1. If you can not pay the whole amount of the taxes assessed by the IRS and the State department, then we start the tax resolution work resolve the back taxes balance including installment agreement, offer-in compromise ("OIC") or have account place in uncollectable status. There are various solutions available to resolve the problem depending on the taxpayers financial situation. There is a formula that the IRS uses to calculate how much tax they can collect.


If you or someone you know has additional questions regarding filing past due taxes, tax payments, levies and Liens business expenses tracking or other tax related matters, give me a call or send me a message. 


Related Resources

Tax Liens and Levies

Tax Liability and Payments

Are You Year(s) behind in Filing Your Tax Returns?

IRS Letters & Notices!

The IRS Letters & Notices: What to do if You Receive CP59

Understanding Your IRS Notice or Letter

Requirements to Get on a Payment Plan with the IRS


If you would like to receive free list (either or short list) of steps to take deal with the IRS, please send me an email: raj@taxrajsolutions.com

Many tax preparers and accounting professionals are extremely busy due to the complexity of tax regulations brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic and the IRS collection efforts to contact taxpayers with unfiled tax returns. If you or somebody else you know are having IRS issues please feel free to contact me at raj@taxrajsolutions.com or call me 301-461-2022. The IRS doesn't like to be ignored. Be proactive.

Enrolled agents are federal tax practitioners licensed by the Treasury Department.

Comments (3)

Bill Salvatore - East Valley
Arizona Elite Properties - Chandler, AZ
Realtor - 602-999-0952 / em: golfArizona@cox.net

Thank you for sharing the information. Wishing you continued success.  Have a wonderful day and sell a house.  bill

Jun 25, 2022 09:51 AM
Rajbir Athwal

Thank you Bill.

Jun 25, 2022 10:02 AM
Joan Cox
House to Home, Inc. - Denver Real Estate - 720-231-6373 - Denver, CO
Denver Real Estate - Selling One Home at a Time

Rajbir, I would love to file my taxes, but CPA hasn't finished them.  Have had all my info to her by mid-March.   

Jun 29, 2022 06:25 AM
Rajbir Athwal
Tax Raj Solutions LLC - Boulder, CO
Your IRS Tax Representative

I hope filed for extension or you do not owe any money. Thank Joan.

Jun 30, 2022 03:53 PM