A messy shelf can be a headache – it's hard to look for things when a shelf is unorganized and stacked like people realize that they're losing over a Tetris game and just let it go instead. People have more stuff to put on their shelves but cannot because of the messy stack. However small the space may be, there are easy ways to free up spaces to store more things.
- Putting an additional shelf behind the door of their homes is a good idea, as these spots are always left unnoticed. Stacking up stuff should always depend on what is inside the room. For example, if people choose to build a shelf behind a laundry room door, they should only stack up laundry detergent, fabric conditioner, and the like. They can also put towels or laundered apparel – anything that will match the laundry room.
- A storage chest is also a good idea; aside from storing kids' toys, they can also build a separate chest to store more stuff. They can DIY one that will match the room they will put it on.
- Wire pantry shelves can also be a perfect storage solution for tight spaces. Not only can they be used for pantries, but people can also use them for spaces where they can't build full-length shelves.
- They can also roll it to save more space and add more clothes to fit when storing clothes. Bulky clothes like sweaters are not a good idea to roll up, as this can consume more space than folding it alone. Rolling clothes is a good way to keep people's clothes wrinkle-free and gain up to 50% more space. Vertically, storing clothes is another way; they can see the drawer's contents all at once, preventing wrinkles and saving up more space, too.
- Using hampers is another convenient and clever way to store things without making a mess and save more space. They can also store it under their beds to keep it from dirt. Depending on the size of the bed, they can put more hampers under it to store more things.
Living in a clean home reduces stress and improves concentration. People can look for more ways to free up spaces to make homes look cleaner for more comfortable living.