This may not be everyone's Top 5 list, but it is mine. I run across these things on a regular basis and even though some of them aren't huge, they can be important. When you're preparing your home to sell, it's always good to look at the home from the Buyer's perspective.
This isn't a complete list of things to do to prepare your home to sell; this is just a small list of things that people usually forget about in the rush to get their house looking "Better Homes & Gardens" perfect.
- Dust all of your picture frames.
- Vacuum up all of the cobwebs (that means around the top of your cabinets, at the top of your vaulted ceiling, and any of those other hard to reach places)
- Clean all of the light fixtures in your home. This means clean the dust off of the ceiling fans, polish the chrome, and dump out all of the bugs in those lights (yeah, you know you've got em!)
- Clean behind the toilet! Ewww! I don't think I need to elaborate on this, do I?
- Clean your oven, refrigerator, and the microwave (I know, even though these items may not stay with the home, people will look inside)
If you would like a check list of things to do to get your home ready to sell, let me know! I'm happy to help!