Technology has transformed Real Estate in my lifetime, literally during my career. I watched the end of the weekly MLS book, the end of the god-awful DOS version of the MLS on computer and the advent of Agent and Property Websites, Blogs and Social Media. In fact, I saw computers go from the size of multiple refrigerators to something you were expected to have on your desk by 1991 and then by the mid-2000's you could carry it in your pocket. None existed until about my senior year of high school and it seems like from 1986-2022 we went from never needing them to heroin-level addiction to them. Too funny, kinda sad.
I can still go a whole day off without my phone, computer or any tech without seizures or the sweats, but not at work!
I use iPhone 13 at work and it has replaced my laptop. This smaller iPad is a daily tool at work and allows me to work from anywhere there's cell or wi-fi signal. Did you know the word wi-fi is fabricated, it means absolutely nothing!
I use the following iPhone Apps, almost daily in my Real Estate Business too:
- Camera App
- Flashlight App
- Text App
- WhatsApp for my communication with my Canada/Mexico-based clients.
- Clock App for reminder alarms.
- Buffini & Company Referral Maker CRM App -all my contacts.
- MLS App for comps, property info and touring homes
- ShowingTime App for booking appointments, tours and approving showings on my listing (say what you will about this App, but this service is a listing agent's best friend)!
- Notes App for (you guessed it) taking notes and my AVID, etc.
- Rentometer App for rental comps (investor purchases)
- Google Maps App for touring homes
- MilesIQ App for tracking my mileage
- Toll Roads App for when I need to take the shortcuts that cost
- Waze App for checking out traffic on tours
- Lugg App for Hauling Furniture, large potted plants and trash - etc.
- Sentrilock- App for lockbox access
- Docusign App for escrow docs.
- Dropbox App for photos
- Google Drive App for Documents
- All my Bank Apps for CFO on the go.
- All my Social Media Apps for Marketing, Branding and communication.
- Home Depot App so I can find stuff quick (store maps).
- Google Translate App to help me with my Spanish
- Get It Done San Diego App for reporting pot holes, dumped furniture, abandoned vehicles, etc. on my listing's blocks.
- I'm sure there's more I use, but these are weekly and most daily tools. And that is my my point, the device and Apps are tools, not a life, not a career, not a relationship - just tools.
There's still no App for what I do though, if you want to fly first class in Real Estate, you still need to invest in a relationship with a REALTOR®! Treating an agent like a commodity - you'll never truly know first class service and the financial difference it can make in your real estate endeavors.
Thank you Carla Freund for inspiring this post
with your Q&A Question this morning on Active Rain.
photo 1 by www.Pixabay.com
photo 2 by MOHI SYED: https://www.pexels.com
photo 3 lifted from my social media