Ray Henson has come up with a fun challenge for August, and here are the twenty-one questions along with my answers. I am proud to be hosting with Ray.
1. We all go on vacation to get away from it all and have a great time, but I want to know, what vacation day was your worst?
Lee and I made a lo of trips and took some beautiful vacations. I can not think of one bad one. I remember being on St. John Island, taking a shower when we lost power and water. Did I mention it was raining? I went outside and finished my shower with mother nature's chilly liquid.
2. What would be your bucket list vacation or, if you have already taken it, tell us about it? Pictures encouraged.
Many wonderful vacations, including a trip through the Panama Canal, Inland Passage On an Alaskan Cruise, Hawaii, Canyon Ranch membership, and frequent weekend and day trips via our private plane.
We flew into New England and found an all-you-can-eat lobster buffet within walking distance of the airport. A two-week cross-country trip with two planes, another two weeks spent in Branson, and so many more.
*(I just read this post and had to add it to this contest The best trip is the one I did not have to pack for. Please take some time to watch the video shared by Patricia Feager, MBA, CRS, GRI,MRP . What an adventure. Hiking in Hornstrandir Iceland July 2022) *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3lQSdxLEZc
3. If your ActiveRain friends were to visit you, would you prepare dinner for them or would you take them to the best pizza joint in town? What would you make or where would you go?
I would not be preparing dinner, that's for sure! Baltimore has many good places, from my favorite, Tio Pepes, to a few hours of enjoying Maryland steamed crabs.
Do you recognize those AR members above?
4. We all know Canadian bacon and pineapple are the best toppings for any pizza. If you can't have those toppings on your pizza, what would you choose?
I like pizza, and there are only a few toppings I would stay away from.
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Vanilla with any chocolate stuff added. And recently found out that I do love Mochi.
6. What is your beverage of choice with dinner; beer, wine, iced tea, a cocktail, or?
Club soda or Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi... Unless at Tio Pepes, it would be Sangria, or we so fondly refer to it as Spanish Coca-Cola.
7. Do you prefer going to a concert, the theater, or a big sporting event? Who or what would you be watching?
We had season tickets to the symphony and local theatre in the past. I now enjoy having a big screen to watch an event, a good singer, an old movie or musical.
8. There are so many great festivals across the country. Is there a special one in your area? Pictures are encouraged.
My favorite is the ACC American Craft Council which takes place each February in Baltimore. I have been to so many, and you can search 'ACC HomeRome'
Here is one
9. What is your greatest sporting accomplishment, hitting a hole in one, bowling a perfect game, hitting the game winning shot, etc.? If you do not enjoy athletics, what is your greatest accomplishment?
I am throwing a dart and hitting a bullseye in front of a crowd.
10. Are you a pet person? If so, names and pictures are a must!
After many years, I lost my Phoebe, a beautiful Siamese Kitty.
11. What is your favorite thing to collect, or do you prefer to keep things simple and clutter-free? Or what is your decorating style?
My pottery creations around the house.
12. What job did you have just prior to making the switch to real estate, and has it helped you in your real estate career? (Courtesy of Jeff Dowler, CRS)
I was a ceramic artist and, before that, a Registered Nurse. Everything I did before real estate prepared me for the excitement and challenges of this beautiful world of being a Realtor®
13. When you are writing on ActiveRain, who is your audience, and why did you choose them for your audience? (Courtesy of Margaret Rome Baltimore 410-530-2400)
Without a doubt, my audience is buyers, sellers, and real estate professionals. Looking for ways to educate everyone, especially my clients, about RE. I listen to their questions and concerns and address them through a blog. I use this same technique to share the various topics for my weekly radio show.
14. What makes you the real estate agent of choice in your area?
'Sell Your Home With Margaret Rome' is a powerful message used, now, over three decades. My live radio show ALL ABOUT REAL ESTATE every Sunday at noon. But the most rewarding are the repeats and excellent referrals over the years.
15. What is the most outrageous action that a client has ever asked you to perform?
That would be to wait for the money from "Our Father!"
16. We show a lot of homes in our profession. What is the most exciting home or, item in a home that you have encountered?
Specializing in unique properties, indoor pools, converted barns, the home with the hidden bunker, and unusual whimsy collections from turtles to owls, giraffes, frogs, and quite a few more. And there was the challenge of a home on the railroad tracks. I found the happy buyer... a retired train conductor. And there was a home with two bedrooms and five baths directly on the Baltimore Beltway that I sold three times. I love exciting homes and challenges.
17. What are your three favorite neighborhoods in your area, and what makes them special? Are you lucky enough to live in one of those neighborhoods?
Neighborhoods include Stevenson, Mount Washington ( my home ), and Greenspring Valley. All are easily accessible to the beltway, have unique properties, and many are custom-built.
18. We all love client testimonials, but is there one that made you feel special? We would love to see it.
Please take a look at this one, my
19. What is your favorite volunteer work or charity?
20. What does the flag represent to you?
Freedom, beauty, love, and sacrifice.
21. When we discuss life, my dad always says he is not sure what he would like to be when he grows up. He is 77! What do you want to be when you grow up, or are you already in your perfect profession?
I live my bucket list as a matchmaker for unique homes and buyers and by hosting my weekly radio show.