It is not necessary to completely overhaul every bathroom in your home, remodel the kitchen. or put down new flooring to give your tired home a boost. Small, affordable improvements can get big results.
- Decluttering every space in your home is probably the first place to start. Getting organized is one of the best and simplest ways to improve your home’s look. Selling items on social media marketplaces or having a yard sale will also put money in your pockets for an added benefit!
- A quick and easy fix-up for your interior is paint! Not only is it inexpensive, but it is also an easy DIY when you tackle one room per weekend.
- After painting, why not add some crown molding? Purchase plaster-coated foam molding that can be cut with a handsaw and put into place with joint compound.
- Spruce up your mudroom, kitchen, or bathroom floors with self-stick tiles. This type of vinyl flooring comes in many styles and colors, and you can create a pattern for some added style.
- Simple kitchen updates can make a big difference: a countertop makeover, new hardware for cabinets and drawer pulls, peel-and-stick backsplash installation, or new paint on the cabinetry.
- While costing a bit more, if your bathroom needs a boost, ready-made sink cabinetry, prefab tub/shower kits, or tub refinishing kits can be purchased at a local home store or online for thousands less than hiring a pro.
- If a total exterior paint job is not in the budget, give the house a thorough pressure-washing and paint the shutters and front door. Brightening the landscaping with fresh mulch and seasonal annuals in containers are other dollar-saving ways to give the outside an update.
Homeownership can be expensive, but your desire to make updates do not have to be. If you are thinking of putting your house on the market soon, even the smallest improvements can make your home “show” better and sell faster. Add some sweat equity, follow directions exactly, and many jobs can be done on your own. Either way, you will benefit from the fresh, new look!
Teri Isner is the team leader of Orlando Avenue Top Team and has been a Realtor for over 24 years. Teri has distinguished herself as a leader in the Orlando FL real estate market. Teri assists buyers looking for Orlando FL real estate for sale and aggressively markets Orlando FL homes for sale.
You deserve professional real estate service! You obtain the best results with Teri Isner plus you benefit from her marketing skills, experience and ability to network with other REALTORS®. Your job gets done pleasantly and efficiently. You are able to make important decisions easily with fast, accurate information from Teri. The Orlando Avenue Top Team handles the details and follow-up that are important to the success of your transaction.
Photo credit: HomeDepot