Ray Henson and I are hosting this month's challenge. I love the entries so far and look forward to reading many more before the end of August.
How are you going to answer the 21 Questions?
And will you be sharing your own Fish Story?
My dad tells a Hemingwayesque story. On a fishing trip near the end of the day, the captain asked my dad if he would like to troll for marlin on the way back to port. The answer was a resounding yes and he hooked into a huge one right away. My dad asked the captain for his fish fighting belt or chair. The captain chuckled and said he did not have one. The captain pulled out a huge knife, slammed it into the gunwale (upper wood edge of the boat) and told my dad that if he felt himself going over the edge that he should drop his pole and grab the knife.
This was a world class fish so other boats were drawn in to watch the epic battle unfold. My dad fought this monster for the next several hours while the captain poured ice water down his back. My dad brought the fish next to the boat, touched the leader (counting as a catch) and cut the beast loose.
You might ask, where are the pictures? His lovely wife, Janet (my stepmom), was way too seasick to take any pictures. She was miserable. My dad says that every story can be told just a little better, but this story has never changed over the years. It must be true!
I loved our May 21-question challenge and wanted to revisit it, but thought I should add a wrinkle to it so let’s play Truth or Dare. In this version, you can choose to answer all the following questions truthfully or I dare you to tell your best fish story. Remember, a good “fish story” can be about any subject. The story should just be of a memorable, over the top experience. It should be truthful, but let’s also remember that fish stories can always be told just a little bit better. Have fun with the story!
In this month's challenge, answer all the following questions truthfully, tell a great story or live on the wild side and do both.
Answer all of the questions and add at least two pictures for 1,000 points. Or tell us your best fish story with 500 words or less and add at least one picture for 500 points. I triple dog dare you to do both posts for 1,500 points. All entries need to be in by August 31st before 12:00 pm PST. Make sure to add links to your entries in the comments below.
Margaret Rome Baltimore 410-530-2400 and I are co-hosting this month's challenge and are excited to host our version of Truth or Dare!
1. We all go on vacation to get away from it all and have a great time, but I want to know, what vacation day was your worst?
2. What would be your bucket list vacation or, if you have already taken it, tell us about it? Pictures encouraged.
3. If your ActiveRain friends were to visit you, would you prepare dinner for them or would you take them to the best pizza joint in town? What would you make or where would you go?
4. We all know that Canadian bacon and pineapple are the best toppings for any pizza. If you can’t have those toppings on your pizza, what would you choose?
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
6. What is your beverage of choice with dinner; beer, wine, iced tea, a cocktail, or …..?
7. Do you prefer going to a concert, the theater, or a big sporting event? Who or what would you be watching?
8. There are so many great festivals across the country. Is there a special one in your area? Pictures are encouraged.
9. What is your greatest sporting accomplishment, hitting a hole in one, bowling a perfect game, hitting the game winning shot, etc.? If you do not enjoy athletics, what is your greatest accomplishment?
10. Are you a pet person? If so, names and pictures are a must!
11. What is your favorite thing to collect, or do you prefer to keep things simple and clutter free? Or what is your decorating style?
12. What job did you have just prior to making the switch to real estate and has it helped you in your real estate career? (Courtesy of Jeff Dowler, CRS)
13. When you are writing on ActiveRain, who is your audience and why did you choose them for your audience? (Courtesy of Margaret Rome Baltimore 410-530-2400)
14. What makes you the real estate agent of choice in your area?
15. What is the most outrageous action that a client has ever asked you to perform?
16. We show a lot of homes in our profession. What is the most interesting home or, item in a home, that you have encountered?
17. What are your three favorite neighborhoods in your area and what makes them special? Are you lucky enough to live in one of those neighborhoods?
18. We all love client testimonials, but is there one that really made you feel special? We would love to see it.
19. What is your favorite volunteer work or charity?
20. What does the flag represent to you?
21. When we discuss life, my dad always says he is not sure what he would like to be when he grows up. He is 77! What do you want to be when you grow up or are you already in your perfect profession?
Raymond Henson, SRES, GRI, e-Pro
3412 Babson Drive
Elk Grove, CA 95758