Here are my answers to the questions in this month's challenge hosted by Ray Henson and Margaret Rome Baltimore 410-530-2400
1. We all go on vacation to get away from it all and have a great time, but I want to know, what vacation day was your worst? My worst was not as bad a others. I took a trip to an HR conference in Minneapolis. Had an early flight from Laguardia. Just as I got there it started to pour. Flight delay, then another delay, then another. We ere finally cleared to leave at 9pm and did not get to accommodations until well after midnight. That wasn't all. Another storm was forecast for return and I thought of renting a car and driving.
2. What would be your bucket list vacation or, if you have already taken it, tell us about it? Pictures encouraged. One great vacation was having to seen eastern Germany right after unification.
There are more pictures of Russian soldiers walking around and the Autobahn which had not been updated since the Third Reich with Trabbie Cars overheating all along the road. And then seeing watch towers at every road crossing.
3. If your ActiveRain friends were to visit you, would you prepare dinner for them or would you take them to the best pizza joint in town? What would you make or where would you go? I would be a good host and spend time with them not in the kitchen. We have many restaurants and some good ones in Armonk. I would start with the Modern Barn which has great American food and an awesome wine selection.
4. We all know that Canadian bacon and pineapple are the best toppings for any pizza. If you can’t have those toppings on your pizza, what would you choose? Really? Neither would be my first choice. I love extra cheese or pepperoni.
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Far and away it is chocolate and any flavor rich in chocolate.
6. What is your beverage of choice with dinner; beer, wine, iced tea, a cocktail, or …..? It depends on the meal and the atmosphere. Sometimes it is beer and sometimes it is wine. I love bloody marys.
7. Do you prefer going to a concert, the theater, or a big sporting event? Who or what would you be watching? I enjoy going to Broadway shows, any concert of music I like. The last two were the Beach Boys and billy Joel. And I like seeing the Yankees at Yankee Stadium.
8. There are so many great festivals across the country. Is there a special one in your area? Pictures are encouraged. No pictures but I like the state county fairs sometimes and going to an Oktoberfest.
9. What is your greatest sporting accomplishment, hitting a hole in one, bowling a perfect game, hitting the game winning shot, etc.? If you do not enjoy athletics, what is your greatest accomplishment? I enjoy but I am not a super athlete. I am a good swimmer and once raced some guys younger me and beat them.
10. Are you a pet person? If so, names and pictures are a must! I had two grand dogs. One, Sierra, a cute beagle just died after 16 years. The other is Tucker, a gigantic bernadoodle who is 3 and takes all kinds of torture from our grandson.
11. What is your favorite thing to collect, or do you prefer to keep things simple and clutter free? Or what is your decorating style? I have collected to many souviners of places I have visited. I actually like light and open but will years of clutter I have lots to do.
12. What job did you have just prior to making the switch to real estate and has it helped you in your real estate career? (Courtesy of Jeff Dowler, CRS) For me I will discuss my own business. I was chief HR officer for many years so HR and organizational development is my niche. I would say it helps tremendously. I am passionate and genuine with clients and prospects.
13. When you are writing on ActiveRain, who is your audience and why did you choose them for your audience? (Courtesy of Margaret Rome Baltimore 410-530-2400) Since my area is organizational development I try to write my blogs directed at brokers or team leaders and on my site it is people in operations management
14. What makes you the real estate agent of choice in your area? In my field I am known as a consensus builder.
15. What is the most outrageous action that a client has ever asked you to perform? A potential client asked me to do a background check on one person in their organization. I would not do it because it is unethical and it violates laws. I had no respect and did not want to make that prospect a client.
16. We show a lot of homes in our profession. What is the most interesting home or, item in a home, that you have encountered? I looked at a home once with agent when I was buying my first condo. In the bedroom, there was clothing and underwear all over. Made me wonder if someone was hiding in the closet.
17. What are your three favorite neighborhoods in your area and what makes them special? Are you lucky enough to live in one of those neighborhoods? I live in Armonk close to town. I love it. It is beautiful and very walkable.
18. We all love client testimonials, but is there one that really made you feel special? We would love to see it. I have clients who are constantly referring me because they say I help them solve their problems.
19. What is your favorite volunteer work or charity? Just a few right now is my church and the Volunteer Center of the United Way. I offer assistance to small not for profit charities on developing their organization.
20. What does the flag represent to you? First and foremost Freedom and Liberty. Many other things but that makes us unique.
21. When we discuss life, my dad always says he is not sure what he would like to be when he grows up. He is 77! What do you want to be when you grow up or are you already in your perfect profession? I am an experimenter so anything that suits my fancy I would like to try. Never too late.