Ray Henson and Margaret Rome are the hosts of our ActiveRain contests/challenges this month. The first part is the Truth or Dare questions below.
1. We all go on vacation to get away from it all and have a great time, but I want to know, what vacation day was your worst?
In the beginning of July of this year, my oldest son, daughter in-law and my gorgeous granddaughter came for a visit from Seattle, WA for 10 days. On the 7th day of their visit I came down with COVID so my time with my granddaughter was cut 3 days short.
2. What would be your bucket list vacation or, if you have already taken it, tell us about it? Pictures encouraged.
It took 58 years, but 5 years ago I got to go back were I was born, the Azores. It was an amazing vacation, and I hope to do it again very soon.
3. If your ActiveRain friends were to visit you, would you prepare dinner for them or would you take them to the best pizza joint in town? What would you make or where would you go?
CT is blessed with some of the best pizza in the country, so I would take them to one of the pizza restaurants which always makes the list of the 10 best pizza restaurants in the country, Pepe's
4. We all know that Canadian bacon and pineapple are the best toppings for any pizza. If you can’t have those toppings on your pizza, what would you choose?
Sorry but pineapple does not belong on pizza. It needs to be meat, meat, and more meat.
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
This is an easy one. Black Cherry
6. What is your beverage of choice with dinner; beer, wine, iced tea, a cocktail, or …..?
With most meals it would be water, or sweet tea, but with a really good meal white wine is the beverage of choice.
7. Do you prefer going to a concert, the theater, or a big sporting event? Who or what would you be watching?
Definitely a sporting event, and most likely the Yankees, or the Traveler's Golf tournament in Cromwell, CT.
8. There are so many great festivals across the country. Is there a special one in your area? Pictures are encouraged.
The Durham Fair is my favorite
9. What is your greatest sporting accomplishment, hitting a hole in one, bowling a perfect game, hitting the game winning shot, etc.? If you do not enjoy athletics, what is your greatest accomplishment?
I don't have one single sporting accomplishment that stands out, but I have always been a good athlete, most sports come naturally and easy for me. However, I have taken up golf once again and golf is proving to be a challenge to my athletic ability. So once I am competitive in golf, I will consider it my greatest accomplishment.
10. Are you a pet person? If so, names and pictures are a must!
I have to admit I am not a pet person. My idea of a pet is an aquarium ...... LOL
11. What is your favorite thing to collect, or do you prefer to keep things simple and clutter free? Or what is your decorating style?
Again this is an easy one, it would be sport cards. I have some very valuable ones like the Larry Bird/Magic Johnson/Julius Irving 3 panel rookie card, Nolan Ryan's rookie card, and Wayne Gretzky's rookie card among several other rookie cards.
12. What job did you have just prior to making the switch to real estate and has it helped you in your real estate career? (Courtesy of Jeff Dowler, CRS)
I sold Material Handling Equipment for 26 years, and Life Insurance for 3 years before that, this gave me a very diverse experience in sales.
13. When you are writing on ActiveRain, who is your audience and why did you choose them for your audience? (Courtesy of Margaret Rome Baltimore 410-530-2400)
My main source of business is from past clients and my Realtor partners, so they are the audience I target with my blogs.
14. What makes you the real estate agent of choice in your area?
I am a Loan Originator, not a Realtor. What makes me the Loan Originator of choice is my experience, knowledge of loan products, and my 24/7 availability to my clients and Realtor partners.
15. What is the most outrageous action that a client has ever asked you to perform?
I have never been asked to do anything I consider outrageous. If a client ever starts to go down a road I am not willing to travel, the conversation comes to an end very quickly.
16. We show a lot of homes in our profession. What is the most interesting home or, item in a home, that you have encountered?
I would have to say it was a home that the seller had placed the refrigerator in the doorway going down to the basement.
17. What are your three favorite neighborhoods in your area and what makes them special? Are you lucky enough to live in one of those neighborhoods?
The South Farms area of Middletown, CT is my favorite. It is rural, has severa farms, but yet in less than 5 minutes you can be downtown.
18. We all love client testimonials, but is there one that really made you feel special? We would love to see it.
I have gotten several 5 Star Reviews, and everyone of them makes me feel special.
19. What is your favorite volunteer work or charity?
My Church, we do a lot in the community. Outside the Church it is the Veteran organization, Tunnels to Towers.
20. What does the flag represent to you?
Freedom, and pride.
21. When we discuss life, my dad always says he is not sure what he would like to be when he grows up. He is 77! What do you want to be when you grow up or are you already in your perfect profession?
I am not as old as your dad, but I am not very far, and I am still open to new challenges in life, and in career.