Many people over the years have asked me how I find the time and energy to consistently blog. Often, people believe that blogging takes an incredible amount of time. While blogging does require commitment, dedication, and fortitude, being successful with your blogging is easier than you think.
I learned years ago when I first began blogging here on this platform, ActiveRain Real Estate Network that it was important to write consistently and to learn to balance my topics. So, on that note, here are some of my best blogging advice to remain balanced while you blog.
- Mix it up! Keep your blogging topics rotating such as personal, local news & information, and real estate related. In this manner, your audience knows that you aren't just posting the same things over and over.
- Write consistently. While there have been seasons that required me to blog less frequently, just staying in touch with our blogging community here allowed me to keep up with the trends and with the people here on ActiveRain.
- Re-blog. If you are short on time there are several things you can do. Re-post another ActiveRainer's blog or, revive one of your older posts.
- Keep a list of blogging ideas. In my phone on my notes, I keep a running list of blogging topics when they come to mind. In this way, I can easily pull up my list when I have the time to make a post.
- Drafts. As time allows, write out several posts and keep them in your Draft mode to use when you are short on time.
These are just a few tips to help you balance your blogging time. I have found that posting as frequently as I can, pays off in so many ways. I have received referrals from my Active Rain family from all over the country, they cause my phone to ring, and my posts ad credibility to my profession.
Best wishes as you continue to write and post here in the Rain.