Let us help you make your decision to consider a move to Watkinsville, Georgia, one of the areas adjoining the "Classic City of the South", Athens, Georgia.
Athens, GA and the surrounding area has received a great deal of recent, national attention, including:
- Athens: One of Seven Cool Cities, Kiplingers Personal Finance, October 2005
- Athens: One of Five Best Places to Retire 2005, Money Magazine, October 11 & November 2006!
- Athens Named One of AmericanStyle Magazine's Top 25 Arts Destinations for 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006
- Athens Ranks 34th Nationally in Quality-of-Life by 'Cities Ranked & Rated'
- Rolling Stone magazine names Athens America's #1 College Music Scene, 2/20/03
- Featured in LA Times Sunday Travel Section, 6/15/03
- Featured in Washington Post Sunday Travel Section, 6/29/03
- Featured in Country Discoveries Magazine, Summer 2003.
- Featured in Southern Voice, 6/27/03
- Athens' Hugh Acheson Named one of Food & Wine Magazine's Best New Chefs for 2002
- Princeton Review Ranks Athens among Great College Towns
- New York Times Travel Profile: 36 Hours in Athens
- 14 neighborhoods and commercial districts on the National Register of Historic Places; 3 house museums
- Northeast Georgia's cultural, shopping, medical, professional, and educational hub
- The University of Georgia, the nation's first state-chartered university (1785)
- The Classic Center:70,000+ sq. ft. meeting/exhibit space and 2,000+ seat performing arts theatre
- A musical mecca that spawned R.E.M, the B-52s, Widespread Panic, and numerous other acclaimed acts
- The Southeast's largest and most concentrated collection of gardens and specialty nurseries
- The only double-barreled cannon in the world
- America's first garden club
- The original Constitution of the Confederate States of America
- The Morton Theatre, an early vaudeville theatre built, owned, and operated by an African-American
- One of only 11 United States Naval museums in the country
- The state of Georgia's official art museum and botanical garden
I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Michelle DeRepentigny, Broker of Success Realty and a Relocation Services Specialist with Buyer's USA Relocation. Perhaps most importantly, I'm a native of Athens, Georgia and ideally suited to help you relocate to this area.
I hope to be of service,
Michelle DeRepentigny, Broker
706-207-2502 cell 706-543-1553 office