Loaded Cauliflower and Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Guess what's for dinner tomorrow night?! I am coaching my own hubby in his health journey and now, he is focused on 'what's for dinner' - more than ever before! He started his journey yesterday so, it's been two days full of great health questions & conversation.
Here's what's on the menu for tomorrow night...
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 8 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 4 TBSP hot sauce or buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s)
- 2 cups of low-fat, blended cheese or a mix of cheddar and Monterey jack cheese
- 4 slices Jennie-o Extra Lean turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Add the cauliflower florets and stir to coat. Scoop the cauliflower into a 9X13 inch baking dish, leaving behind as much of the olive oil/hot sauce mix as possible
- Bake the cauliflower for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and starting to brown
- While the cauliflower is cooking, add the cubed chicken to the bowl with the leftover olive oil/hot sauce mix and stir to coat. Once the cauliflower is fully cooked, remove from the oven. Top the cauliflower with the raw marinated chicken
- In a bowl, mix together the cheese, turkey bacon and green onion; top the raw chicken with the cheese mix. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is bubbly.
-Makes 6 Servings
© Debe Maxwell, CRS | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | SavvyBroker@me.com | Loaded Cauliflower and Buffalo Chicken Casserole