ASK A STUPID QUESTION DAY IS TODAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH!
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO ASK THAT STUPID QUESTION YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO ASK!
"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask is a fool forever."
I've always loved Ask A Stupid Question Day! So, is it stupid to ask how many people don't know today, September 28th is Ask A Stupid Question Day? Because today is a day that "gives you permission" to ask a stupid question(s) without fear of ridicule, why not take the opportunity today to ask all those burning questions you've always wanted to ask, but were afraid to ask because you didn't want any one to think you're stupid?
"Don't be afraid to ask the dumb question. Everyone else will be relieved you had the guts to ask."
... Sheryl Sandberg
WHERE DID ASK A STUPID QUESTION DAY COME FROM?
Are you thinking it might be stupid to ask just how Ask A Stupid Question Day came about? Here's your not-stupid answer ~ the day was started by teachers over 30 years ago to encourage students to ask questions and not worry about sounding stupid!
"There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill=phrased questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every questions is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question."
... Carl Sagan
20 STUPID QUESTIONS FOR ASK A STUPID QUESTION DAY
If you want to participate in Ask A Stupid Question Day and are struggling to come up with a stupid question, here are 20 "stupid" questions to get you started.
- Why do they cotton swab the guy's arm with rubbing alcohol before a lethal injection?
- Why do Aliens abduct Humans if we are an inferior race?
- Why are rat traps in the car-care section of my supermarket?
- If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?
- When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?
- Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
- Do blind people feel 'Love at first sight'?
- If peanut butter cookies are made from peanut butter, then what are Girl Scout cookies made out of?
- Why do we park in a driveway and drive on the parkway?
- Why is the word "abbreviation" so long?
- Why is there no "w" in "one", but there is a "w" in "two" and we don't use it?
- How do you know when you have run out of invisible ink?
- Why do kamikazes wear helmets?
- Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?
- Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
- Why is it called shipping if it goes by truck?
- Why is a boxing ring square?
- Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
- Why do round pizzas come in square boxes?
- Why are chickpeas called chickpeas when they are neither chicks nor peas?
"If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown, too?"
... George Carlin
Video: Stupid Questions For Stupid Question Day
“If you ask a stupid question, you may feel stupid; if you don't ask a stupid question, you remain stupid.”
... Tony Rothman
WHAT ISN'T A STUPID QUESTION:
IT'S NOT A STUPID QUESTION to ask if it's a good time to buy or sell a home in the Greater Charlotte area... if you want a smart answer to a smart question, contact:
You have real estate questions?
We have answers for all of your real estate questions!
Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners, Coldwell Banker Realty, Greater Charlotte area residential real estate experts, have been answering smart home buyer and home seller questions for 22+ years.
And check out our Home Buyer and Home Seller Guides? They'll also answer lots of questions you might have about buying or selling a home.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home anywhere in the Charlotte metro region, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you why experience matters and how: